Ramadan Mubarak

Caporegime
I've no disrespect to any religion, but my company have put a piece on the employee intranet wishing our Muslim employees Ramadan Mubarak and explaining what it is what it means etc etc. Yet I can't remember reading such a piece on the intranet at Easter explaining what is and and what it means. Just sell moar Easter eggs and lamb roasts...
Maybe that’s due to ignorance?? Because we all know anything to do with Muslims/Islam brings out the mouth foamers in their droves especially in this forum. Won’t mention any names but already a few have turned up with their nonsense.

But regarding your company policy on religious event, maybe have a word with them and ask them to put something out for say Christmas or Easter.

Caporegime
We are a Christian country, so chances are you will have learnt about Easter and Christmas, be it because you grew up here or perhaps went to a school where it was a 'thing' (I had Christian hymns every morning when I was at primary school)

Chances are (also) that you wouldn't know what Ramadan is, other than Muslims fast.

Caporegime
Chances are (also) that you wouldn't know what Ramadan is, other than Muslims fast.

Well I don't know about you but, while I didn't choose it as a GCSE subject, I had 3-4 years of RE classes in secondary school. Unless someone was a complete dunce they ought to at least know the basics of various world religions in addition to the pointless stuff like reciting all the books of the bible from memory etc...

Soldato
Well I don't know about you but, while I didn't choose it as a GCSE subject, I had 3-4 years of RE classes in secondary school. Unless someone was a complete dunce they ought to at least know the basics of various world religions in addition to the pointless stuff like reciting all the books of the bible from memory etc...

That’s the problem, most people are complete dunces!

Ramadan Mubarak guys, crazy dedication to fast for these lengths of time, not even drinking any water! Hats off to you :)

Permabanned
Hearing them whine about it just one or two days in is so irritating, then the inevitable "why don't you try it for a day?" No thanks, not going to happen.

Soldato
That’s the problem, most people are complete dunces!

Ramadan Mubarak guys, crazy dedication to fast for these lengths of time, not even drinking any water! Hats off to you :)

Definitely agree! You guys have much stronger resolve than I do, that's for sure!

Ramadan Mubarak to everyone that celebrates it. May your month be a good one :)

Soldato
Are children allowed to fast? Is their a cut off age or is it down to the parents?

I think if you're healthy and fit enough, you're old enough. I doubt children are made to do it but I expect once you become a teen it may be more common.

I am not a follower of Islam so I have no idea. Just my speculation.

Soldato
He's entitled to his opinion though. I also think the whole fasting thing is nonsense. But each to their own, if it makes you happy.
Perhaps I'm just not bold enough to call someones faith nonsense. It's not harming anyone so what's the problem? He could've kept his opinion to himself but decided to be a Debby Downer and **** on everyone's parade.
I don't follow any faith/religion but being brought up in a very Christian household I think it's important to respect others beliefs and just calling something straight nonsense is just rude and unnecessary.

He is of course entitled to his own opinion and I never suggested otherwise. I just think he sounds like a horrible person

Soldato
We are a Christian country, so chances are you will have learnt about Easter and Christmas, be it because you grew up here or perhaps went to a school where it was a 'thing' (I had Christian hymns every morning when I was at primary school)

This.

Caporegime
I think if you're healthy and fit enough, you're old enough. I doubt children are made to do it but I expect once you become a teen it may be more common.

I am not a follower of Islam so I have no idea. Just my speculation.
Usually after they hit puberty is around the age children/kids can start fasting. My nephew and niece both started at the age of 15...kept a few to see how they got on.

Soldato
You sound like a lovely person. Something which has no effect on you.. 'nonsense'. Absolutely lovely.

I don't remember the "Happy Easter" posts? Why? Because those OPs or posters would have been shot down by the OcUK Atheist and Alt religion elite. So yes, if we can't be tolerant of all such posts, why is there a place for this year in and year out?

Back
Top Bottom