Ramadan Mubarak

RDM

RDM

Soldato
There is probably just as much 'evidence' on the contrary though, it all depends on who is doing the research.

Not really. It is certainly research that has to be done sensitively but, in this case, it is a negative impact. As a parent I would be more interested in my child’s academic performance in Y11 &13 rather than spiritual. It is up to other parents to decide what they feel is more important but ignoring it because it contradicts your beliefs isn’t the best way of doing it.

If Pythagoras, Plato, Socrates etc. all fasted to improve their own exam performance, it just reassures those who are fasting anyway that they needn't worry too much about any negative impact on exams.

As with most things though, it's 90% mental. If you've convinced yourself it's impossibly difficult you will probably find it difficult.

There has been 2300 years of scientific progress since then. The ancient Greeks, while great, had some things wrong too. Is it really that hard to believe that not everything your faith asks you to do is positive in all circumstances?

Fasting during the exam period could negatively impact your child’s performance. Personally I would try and convince them to delay their fast until after their exams were over if you want them to do their best.

Caporegime
Don't know how you lot can do it, I've done three.
My experience with fasting (which I've done a fair bit over the years, eg ADF/intermittent, 24hr+) was that it just made me angry. Literally all the time.

I didn't feel closer to God that's for sure... nor more empathetic for the poor/homeless.

In fact I just wanted to strangle everything. (Similar to reading threads in Speaker's Corner, but I digress...)

Great for losing weight quick (and great for putting it back on when you stop...), but not so great for everyone else around me...

If anybody can fast all day and keep smiling... then I'd like to know how :p

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
My experience with fasting (which I've done a fair bit over the years, eg ADF/intermittent, 24hr+) was that it just made me angry. Literally all the time.

I didn't feel closer to God that's for sure... nor more empathetic for the poor/homeless.

In fact I just wanted to strangle everything. (Similar to reading threads in Speaker's Corner, but I digress...)

Great for losing weight quick (and great for putting it back on when you stop...), but not so great for everyone else around me...

I had a shorter fuse at times, but thats down to very little sleep and having 3 young children, half term was no fun this year, esp as they were up at 6am most days!

Caporegime
Eid Mubarak guys, wow this one flew by so quick :eek: Was saying to my mum and missus, it feels like yesterday was the first fast.

Went to do morning prayers and now at home having some lovely eid munch that the wifey conjured up.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
OP
Lol, no longer for me been 3 years and haven't touched drink.

But every man must have a vice be it drink, drugs or women (or whatever else he fancies).

B&W

B&W

Soldato
OP

That's the main reason I can't do it, just get angry and annoyed at the smallest of things.

Back
Top Bottom