Ramadan Mubarak

Caporegime
OK second day (paused yesterday as I had to give blood samples) in and I am struggling - it's not the food or water. It's my bloody tea or coffee!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(:p
Yep that kills me too, I’m used to having a cup of Nespresso in the morning to wake me up and when I don’t have one, get some killer headaches.
The time of year when people come out with all sorts of illnesses that prevent them from fasting and once Ramadan is over they are cured lol

Hehe yeh always makes me laugh that part. A few of my friends come up with some insane reasons not to fast ie docs told them they have high blood pressure so need to take tabs etc. But when it’s all done, they are good to go lol.

I mean if you aren’t going to fast then that’s fine by me. Who am I to judge lol, I mean I don’t give a flying hoot if someone fasts or not. That’s between them and god but when they outright lie or make excuses as to why they won’t fast...I find it a tad disconcerting to say the least.

Soldato
the other hand any workers in that part of the world from say Pakistan or Bangladesh who don't have such flexible work and/or might be working outside in the heat etc.. probably have quite a tough time.

It's not everyone that can swap, we specifically work on dangerous equipment so while you may suggest it sounds like a "cop out" for our 600 employees (both local and TPN), it keeps both us and them alive if they're not off their heads from thirst & hunger etc which for me is far more important.

However, away from work like in the local town it seems like there is a mix of start times where big supermarkets stay open 9am til 3am whilst smaller outlets only do nights, so a bit of mix and match there.

Associate
Yep that kills me too, I’m used to having a cup of Nespresso in the morning to wake me up and when I don’t have one, get some killer headaches.

Hehe yeh always makes me laugh that part. A few of my friends come up with some insane reasons not to fast ie docs told them they have high blood pressure so need to take tabs etc. But when it’s all done, they are good to go lol.

I mean if you aren’t going to fast then that’s fine by me. Who am I to judge lol, I mean I don’t give a flying hoot if someone fasts or not. That’s between them and god but when they outright lie or make excuses as to why they won’t fast...I find it a tad disconcerting to say the least.

True, at the end of the day whatever you do is for your own beliefs

Soldato
Tried a new strategy of eating granola for sehri last night and it worked wonders today. Didn't feel hungry until around 4pm.

Soldato
A number of years ago when I was working in Luton, I managed a team with a majority being pakistani heritage.

I tried fasting for 2 days......the food was ok.....the lack of water....horrible...

I quit after the 2nd day.

Associate
I don't remember the "Happy Easter" posts? Why? Because those OPs or posters would have been shot down by the OcUK Atheist and Alt religion elite. So yes, if we can't be tolerant of all such posts, why is there a place for this year in and year out?

why didnt YOU start one? why does it always have to be someone else!

Interesting that a thread on Easter had a couple pages of mostly drivel about chocolate contrasted against the 4 pages here.

Personally I wouldn't support/celebrate an ideology that has no place in a civilised society. I can accept that a large proportion of Muslims are fine, but misery and subjugation follows where Islam goes.

Edit; which is inevitable when the founder was a murdering warlord who promoted violence to promote his ideology. And was extremely dubious in his personal life. In the era of #metoo it should be police be upon him.

funny you mention the metoo.. i wonder what the religion of these people are involved in this?
funny you dont mention current priests and paedophilia....
funny you dont mention the celebs scandal in bbc and MPs doing the same in 1980s..
funny you dont mention the misery USA/UK has brought on some of the countries they have INVADED (not a war, invasion..) killing millions, decimating countries...

but thats islamophobes for you! always Islam is the problem..

Barrel of fun you are.
you can have fun without emitting CO2, your kids will thank you or curse you...

Absolutely crazy. Suffering for the whims of a religion.

I’m not religious but am a Christian by birth. The church can get royally stuffed if it wants me to fast for 40 days of lent. What the hell do you actually get out of it that’s beneficial in any way???

empathy for homeless/poor. closer to God..

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
I hadn't thought about the caffeine :eek:

The headaches would be a killer if you're used to a few cups.

Wouldn't be a problem for me just fasting dawn to dusk but even with just one daily cup of tea I get the headaches if I go more than about 40 hours :(

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Ive been ok apart from day 1. I still take a cup of tea at the end of the day and at the beginning. My breakfast is porridge,banana and a boiled egg, and that really sees me through till about 7pm, its only the cooking smells that trigger the hunger tbf :p

Im taking pretty light evening meals, avoiding the fried but getting plenty of fruits and its working well so far, thats coming from a fat bloke who likes his snacks, aside from the spiritual aspect im really hoping to use this ramadan to kickstart my healthy habits. if the rain holds up tonight i'll be doing a 25 min run prior to iftar. Wish me luck lol.

Back
Top Bottom