Rampage :)

Soldato
OP
Gonna try the next multi so i can drop bclk a bit to see if that helps, not really altered many voltages as i don't know what they all do yet, read that your bclk on average tops out about 132 so i may be getting close with the voltages i'm using???

Soldato
OP
managed this, had the raw mhz dram profile(for now) temps are after running cinebench, would not go higher but not got fan rigged up over vrm's at mo will do that later as well as get you some volts readings, so far very happy with my new purchase ;)
just wish windows 8 would give me something to work with instead of error and an upside down smiley face!

1_zpsf29c972a.jpg

Soldato
OP
oh right ok :)
so for benching purposes what are my max safe voltages?? have took cpu upto 1.56v(5.16GHz) which after running 3d mark got to 61c

so in your opinion whats safe enough do to a quick run, when benching i have got a GT5400 which blows over the vrm's/ram and catches the vrm's on my gfx

cpu?
dram?
pll?
cpu vtt?
cpu vccsa?

OcUK Staff
CPU no further at all. Your abit high really.

DRAM 1.75v
PLL 1.95 But these CPU like lower.
VTT 1.25
VCCSA 1.25

Dont on any of the Voltages add loads of LLC and current on air. Remember the Rampage is built for the cold so some of the settings are to be treated as cold only.

Soldato
OP
thx for the above ;)

right trying a 24/7 energy savings on, and ram is on auto which i believe sets 2nd and 3rds to xmp. may they be too tight as can only do 20mins in prime, cpu voltage is already bit high for my speed so i dont think thats the problem, can you have a quick look bud and advise. most digi+ settings are as per your guide
24_zpscc27ac23.jpg

OcUK Staff
Whats the actual speed your at?? I cant tell with power savings on. The RAM is not tight at all seconds and thirds are fairly slack although you may need to play with the thirds to get that Kit stable at 2400+.

A touch of VTT and VCCSA may also be an idea.

Soldato
OP
Think the above was 4840MHz.
Sorted benching profile, could do with a bit of tunning but so far so good.
Sorted energy saving general use profile, finaly got offset to work, spent hours on it only to realise you need to be on a flat 100 strap :(
So just need a gaming profile now, ideally running the ram at 2400, so going off the above screen, which 3rd's should i change to gain stability??
Will be running approx 130 bclk.

Soldato
OP
Thx mate will give it a whirl.
This is for my gaming profile not benching, my 24/7 general use is stuck at 4.3ghz with my rams default settings.
I'm aiming for about a 4.8 for gaming and hopefully with ram running around 2.4,

Soldato
OP
below is a screen of what i managed to do, took about 4.5 hours, voltages are as low as they can go, have been adjusting timings 1 by 1 and retesting, currently rock solid. :)
this is my gaming profile and max in 1 sitting is about 2 hours.
what do ya think??? if ya think its ok, i'll post some bios screens in case i have missed anything or can improve, thx bud

gam_zpsbd794fc5.jpg

Soldato
OP
Not a expert by no means but looks very good :cool:

Looks fine to me mate. Good work.

;) thx guys, just one thing though, why on the last 2 GFlops of linx has it dropped, out of about 12 tests that is the first time, throttling perhaps?? Test before had tref @ 121, that was fine, tried 107, fail, 115 pass but got the 2 drops??

OcUK Staff
It may be throttling with VRM temps yes. I am sure your CPU is not too hot but CPU speed will drop if VRMs get too hot.

Also for the older Hynix as used in that kit it likes tref @ 128 so small errors may cause the drop.

Soldato
OP
I'll stick a fan on em tomorrow just to see if thats the case, come too think of it, pch fan was on silent mode. Did not see a drop in cpu speed though, so could quite possibly be tref, will also try that, as always thx for your help, never played much with Ram, so i'm still learning, but understanding, slowly!! ;)

OcUK Staff
The art of RAM and other system tweaks is where the real skill comes in. Two systems same frequencys on paper perform massively different. Its what i call efficiency. Your doing well mate.

Back
Top Bottom