Random 3D printing chatter

Soldato
OP
If you're printing filaments that are abrasive, a brass or even unhardened steel nozzle won't last that long. Abrasive filaments are anything with carbon fibre (CF), Glass Fibre (GF), wood, glitter....basically anything in them other than plastic.
I believe that you may have to bump the hotend temperature slightly with a hardened nozzle (don't quote me on that!) as it may not conduct the heat quite so well as a brass nozzle.

Soldato
Bump the temps up, and also expect prints to be less.... clean.

Also, I've personally found tat my prints wont stick to the bed well using steel nozzles.

Associate
I'm new to 3d printing and i purchased a creality ender 3 v2 neo, worked fine on benchy and then started to get problems with other builds the bowden not feeding properly, tightening and loosing the spring and the roller nut worked o.k for a while, when it started playing a few days ago tried adjusting and the roller fell off, look like it cross threaded, (due to pressure ? dunno) went to the creality site, lo and behold they were out of stock, is this a common problem with the bowden? so i purchased 2 different types of dual cog feeders both say that they work on ender 3's, not arrived yet, any advice on feeder tips would be a great help,

Soldato
OP
I can't say I've played with a 3 v2 Neo but I do know that the extruder was the weakest part of the Ender 5 Pro I have. The tension and the grip were both bad. Dual gear ought to be better in theory.

Associate
Hi Cenedd your theory was spot on, the new extruder arrived today no instructions but it was easy enough to figure out and it works well, just finished printing off a small item without any probs and half way through a second.
less than 9 quid for a good solid working extruder cannot grumble..

Soldato
OP
£9 for both a fix and an upgrade seems like a bargain! Glad it worked :D
That was my issue with Creality is that whilst I told myself I was up for tinkering, upgrading, modifying and improving....it turns out that I had rather limited patience with it and just wanted to get on with it. Went Bambu and can't say I'm unhappy. My next "divorce" will be when the A1 Mini turns up. Might spur me to get the Ender 5 Pro revamped and either sold or rehomed - honestly haven't fired it up since I got the X1C...and that's even when I've had stuff 'queued' to print.

Back
Top Bottom