Poll: Random, premature, meet planning type stuff

What meet should I organise next year?

• Generic meet in the Midlands

Votes: 50 39.1%
  • Drunken debauchery on the coast (drinking and partying - not much else)

Votes: 47 36.7%
  • 'Proper' clubbers night. Things that glow, UV paint and furry boots

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Something else (though you need to tell me :p)

Votes: 9 7.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Otacon said:
<snip>

Leicester (Mosh would be perfect to end in),. There would be more to do in Birmingham during the day time, Leicester is probably more accessible (hotels in the town centre wont melt your wallet, and it's straight off the M1),

Anyway, chat along :)

I voted: "Generic meet in the Midlands"

And Mosh is ace! :D

Best thing with mosh, is 1 short walk (less than 5 mins - Maybe more when drunk :p ) and your at the Holiday Inn :D - Its just over the road.

Edit Edit Edit: I will get it right :mad:

Soldato
Rich_L said:
For #2, IMHO Bournemouth is the absolute nuts.

I may be prejudiced slightly by the fact that it is:

a) The birthplace of the High-Five experiment
b) I know it pretty well
c) It's dirt cheap (virtually free in Walkabout for yours truly due to high-fiving a certain set of barmaids ;) )
d) Pubs open till 3am, clubs till 7am
e) TONS of fittehs
f) Awesome beach for frisbee & footie action

Only downside being its a bit of a PITA to get to for the northern monkeys amongst us.

I thought the thread was the basis for a Midlands meet, so Bournemouth might be a little far away :p

Soldato
Gilly said:
If you read the OP you'll see that 'generic midlands meet' and 'seaside somewhere' are both valid :)

Ah right, I just assumed it meant midland seaside place somewhere which also left me slightly confused as to the choices for location :p

Caporegime
Rich_L said:
For #2, IMHO Bournemouth is the absolute nuts.

I may be prejudiced slightly by the fact that it is:

a) The birthplace of the High-Five experiment
b) I know it pretty well
c) It's dirt cheap (virtually free in Walkabout for yours truly due to high-fiving a certain set of barmaids ;) )
d) Pubs open till 3am, clubs till 7am
e) TONS of fittehs
f) Awesome beach for frisbee & footie action

Only downside being its a bit of a PITA to get to for the northern monkeys amongst us.

I pretty much agree with that, except i would say brighton instead, easier to get to as it has good connection with London. I know it pretty well, pubs open til late too, some with 24 hours licence, and i've not been to a place with more "Fittehs". I love the beach there but it's more expensive than Bournmouth.

Man of Honour
Raymond Lin said:
I pretty much agree with that, except i would say brighton instead, easier to get to as it has good connection with London. I know it pretty well, pubs open til late too, some with 24 hours licence, and i've not been to a place with more "Fittehs". I love the beach there but it's more expensive than Bournmouth.
Not full of queers?

Soldato
DJ Binks said:
I voted: "Generic meet in the Midlands"

And Mosh is ace! :D

Best thing with mosh, is 1 short walk (less than 5 mins - Maybe more when drunk :p ) and your at the Holiday Inn :D - Its just over the road.

Edit Edit Edit: I will get it right :mad:
I would go to a Leicester meet, but I'd much prefer Notts or Birmingham because I find Leics a bit boring. Could also go shopping the following morning (hurah!). Leics isn't great for a night out imo, but I guess it's because I've lived there for 25 years. I also object to paying for a hotel when I live near the place. It's just a bit too far home to afford a taxi (depending on whether I can accommodate anyone at my place).

Soldato
Lostkat said:
I'd rather have a Midlands meet somewhere like Nottingham because it's fantastic to go out in and there are some fab people living there :)

Tbh :D

I might be able to accommodate a couple of people if we do the Notts thing :)

Soldato
Depending on roughly when it would be I'd love to come to actually put some faces to names and being a lazy sod I'm voting for a midlands meet.

I can't remember who said it earlier on, but a normal meet where we can have a couple of drinks and a chat first would be better than just hitting a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom