Rant

Man of Honour
I've got no issue with people making mistakes. That's human nature. People will stall, people will crash, people will find themselves in the wrong lane, people will miss the occasional filter light.

What aggravates me is this habitual poor driving. That woman who just pulled out right in front of me without looking? You can bet your salary that she's also going to:
1) Not accelerate to speed
2) Ignore speed limits and drive at her own pace
3) Unduly hesitate at each junction

The guy in front who's not accelerating up the motorway slip road, leaving you pinned in behind him? He's also going merge at the top without looking, launch it into the middle lane without checking if anyone is behind him, and then be unable to maintain anything like a consistent speed on the motorway.

People just don't care about driving. It's something they have to go through to get from one place to another and generally they take zero pride or effort in the process.

Soldato
People who don't indicate at crossroads or junctions, and then go left or right, same for roundabouts. Traffic must get held up unnecessarily waiting to see where cars go because they can't be bothered to indicate. Driverless cars can't come soon enough.

Man of Honour
Got behind someone today who was either doing a flat 50 in all 40-NSL zones must have had speed limiter/cruise set it was so consistent and 20 in 30s and no other speed :s

I think one problem is the increasing requirement to drive in modern life pushing people onto the roads who'd rather not be behind the wheel.

Associate
For me the issue is that quite a large number of people seem to drive around at 40mph in a 60mph these days - even when safe to observe the speed limit. Which would be fair enough, but then everyone behind them follows with 1 foot of distance between them so you can't overtake unless you fancy doing a 6 car overtake which will then be caught on half the zombies dashcams :rolleyes:

So instead you just join the 40mph queue and quietly fume.

Quoted for truth...... especially now some police forces accept dash cam footage. I could be performing a perfectly safe overtake, but can't be bothered with the potential hassle if some dash cam road warrior takes offence.

Man of Honour
At the risk of blogging about my daily travels - had an absolute nightmare tonight with traffic lights - they were doing roadworks outside where I work with 3 way lights and I sat there and sat there on red so eventually asked the nearest workman what was going on and he was like "oh you'll have to speak to traffic management" after some prompting pointed at some guy by a vehicle that said traffic management on it who actually wasn't traffic management who pointed me at another guy who referred me back to the original workman... at which point someone came up behind me and introduced themselves as traffic management asking if it was my truck sitting there with its hazards on... then after clearing that on the way home every single (of around a dozen) set of traffic lights turned to red as I approached but were showing red on every direction and made me sit there until they changed again then to cap it off on the single track traffic light managed bit before my house it went green for both myself and the lorry waiting the other way who was slightly annoyed because he couldn't see they were green for both of us and thought I'd come through on red (or atleast I set off on green, came around the corner and his was green as well).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Getting so frustrated with people tailgating :( was never great with a smaller car but with a pickup seems even more common - last night for several miles I had someone so close I couldn't even see their numberplate in the rearview mirror! - I wasn't even going that slowly.

There have been serious accidents almost every day on the roads around me that I drive - A30, A38, A37, A303, M5, etc. little exaggeration that someone has been killed or seriously injured almost daily for the last few months for some reason it has really picked up so drive a little more defensively FFS people.

Back
Top Bottom