Rapist May have HIV From Victim

Soldato
I am unsure how I feel about myself but one one hand I feel horrible for the poor woman who had to endure such horror, btu at the same time, I also felt a bit of pleasure in knowing that the rapist has been handed pretty much a death sentence.

No sod it, I hope that the woman also gets some comfort in knowing that she has done the ultimate in payback.

I just wonder how many people do truly want rapists to get something like this.

Soldato
certainly not a laughing matter but theres only one image or comment that really portrays my feelings on this

Associate
Although it would be karmic it's pretty unlikely he'd contract HIV from a single instance of penetrative heterosexual sex.

Soldato
The moral of the story - don't rape people.

Damn. There goes my plans for the weekend then. :(

Seriously though. As someone has already said, the tax payer will foot the bill for this monsters medical care. Medical care that he's going to need for the rest of his life, which could be a long time as most people with HIV/AIDS can live a long time nowadays. There's no moral lesson here. It's just a tragic story with a happy twist.

wmb

wmb

Associate
Not so sure that this is to be laughed off as good karma:
1) He will no doubt now have many years of expensive drugs prescibed for him at tax payers expense if he is infected. HIV is not the death sentence it used to be, he does not have AIDS (which would have been karma). He is 27 years old and even if treatment for HIV does not improve, is likely to live a couple more decades.
2) He's a rapist, what are the chances he will act irresponsibly in future (it's almost certain his sentence served will be less than his life expectancy) and passes it to someone else without caring or just rape again.

I do not think this is good news.

Soldato
His barrister, Virginia Hayton, said he still cannot recall the attack but when told about it he said that the woman “would not lie, she tells the truth. If she says I have done it, I have done it.”

He and the victim knew each other fairly well apparently.

Also as was mentioned, it's not certain that he will contract the disease, I don't know details but apparently it's quite low.

Back
Top Bottom