Rare white deer shot because it was getting dark.

Soldato
Here you go. A very large black bear in NY

https://www.weny.com/story/44667942...ack-bear-spotted-roaming-through-neighborhood

It's not a big deal...it's just a bear
Yeah no big deal.
The bear ran towards the car of one resident and into the backyard of the other chasing her and damaging her fence.

"He was coming fast, he was fast and I was pretty scared I had my son roll up our windows pretty quick. We were a little nervous," Toni Dunn said.

"Cars, cops, animal control were here and they were beeping and blowing at him. He was kind of cornered so he came directly this way towards me," Jolene Dwyer said.

Dwyer started running for her life and the bear began to chase her.

Stop being a drama queen\king
803.png

Man of Honour
Busy town?
I live in Reading. It's the largest and busiest town in the UK... !!

I know that you have to be kidding, but just in case, take a 42 mile trip to the East, drive north across Waterloo Bridge, turn left into Strand, and see how long it takes to to drive the 900-950 metres to Trafalgar Square.

Soldato
I know that you have to be kidding, but just in case, take a 42 mile trip to the East, drive north across Waterloo Bridge, turn left into Strand, and see how long it takes to to drive the 900-950 metres to Trafalgar Square.
That's a city, not a town. He said town.
Reading is the largest and busiest not-a-city in the UK, bigger and busier than a number of actual cities.

Soldato
I said this result was disappointing in our family group. Predictably the 2 coppers jumped to the defence of the decision, but I stand by my disappointment (this is not saying it was the right or wrong decision). Hopefully they will be better prepared next time instead of phoning around for assistance that never arrived.

Soldato
Looking at the update on the BBC on this it says the officers tried for 9 hours to sedate the animal, seems like that info was intentionally omitted from the original article in order to fuel the anger from people

Soldato
Busy town?
I live in Reading. It's the largest and busiest town in the UK... !!

Cool. I live in the countryside where deer (along with muntjacs) play chicken with artics, and the occasional car that ends up getting written off, instead of keeping to the woods and forests that straddle the A/B roads - if they're unpredictable here, i can only imagine it's worse in a town or city.

Looking at the update on the BBC on this it says the officers tried for 9 hours to sedate the animal, seems like that info was intentionally omitted from the original article in order to fuel the anger from people

Perhaps the information wasn't available at the time of the first publication :confused:
Either way, it seems the Police attempted to help the creature for a fair amount of time which is fairly impressive considering they (typically) get little to none formal wildlife/animal-welfare training.

Back
Top Bottom