Raspberry Pi - $35 Linux computer

Associate
Received my Rev 2 - 512 MB on Monday, a week earlier than expected :)

RaspBMC installed and working on the MediaTomb Ubuntu server to hide in a corner.

Very impressed with the video playback. Even streaming of the internet (over ethernet cable and 60Mb Virgin Media cable) was good.

Very cool little device. I can see me getting another 2-3 soon to dot around the other TVs in the house... with maybe a Lego NXT project in the pipeline.

Associate
I've currently got a rev 2 512MB version Rasbmc (with a usb install, speeds it up no end) with a mysql database for movies and tv. Current add-ons that are installed and working spotify and tvcatchup. Very cool little board.

Associate
Unless NetFlix provide support, then you can't (directly).

The best you can do is to use a second (powerful) machine running something like PlayOn to stream NetFlix over DNLA in a manner that the RPi can handle.

Soldato
How do you get spdif as hdmi doesn't pass it on to amp from tv and amp doesn't have hdmi?

Looking for a cheap solution or nothing, is it possible to take a hdmi cable and cut it up so the wire carrying spdif connects to amp?

Soldato
Torch [P4];23765681 said:
Are u trying to play wmvs by any chance? Think you need a licence key to run them, best converting to a different container like mkv

Nope. H264 .mkv that used to work on the older Raspbmc, but now for some reason don't.

Soldato
I'm surprised this hasn't made it on here yet.. well I couldn't find it with a quick scan of the last few pages..

Pi Supply

Its made its target and for the price it's really no risk.

Its basically a power switch, software driven for the raspberry pi. I've backed it... thou there is another one from the states that just come out that seems to rely on TSR program and works more like an ATX power switch would.

Power Switch

Soldato
I'm surprised this hasn't made it on here yet.. well I couldn't find it with a quick scan of the last few pages..

Pi Supply

Its made its target and for the price it's really no risk.

Its basically a power switch, software driven for the raspberry pi. I've backed it... thou there is another one from the states that just come out that seems to rely on TSR program and works more like an ATX power switch would.

Power Switch

£10+ for an on/off switch? No thanks. I just leave mine running, and if I needed to turn it off, I would just pull the usb connector out.

I'm all for addons, but you're spending up to 50% or more of the unit price of a Pi for something that is kind of pointless.

Can OpenELEC or RaspBMC run webmin?

I want one as a little media box but wouldn't mind using it as a VPN server and a couple of other things.

Openelec is locked down, but Raspbmc should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom