Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Done! 24.9 hours. Have not 100% a game since I was a teenager, so this must really have been that good :p

1sOjfCS.jpg

Also, big head mode :D

J4GFG3o.jpg

Caporegime
Wow, what a fun game. Haven't played a platformer since Mario Odyssey. Glad I upgraded my 3070, GPU memory usage was hovering around 11GB and it's one of the few times I've seen my system RAM go close to 20GB.

Runs like a dream on my 3090/5800 X3D @1440p with max-ish settings and it looks gorgeous (think I turned off one of the RT options after seeing some comments). Might have to crack this up to 4K DLSS.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's not really an issue when the framerate is so high anyway :p

But yes DirectStorage doesn't work in the game, and reduces fps when enabled in its current state.

Associate
Makes sense, AMD users don't seem effected by the directstorage issues, so it's basically an NVIDIA driver bug.

Premium price rarely equals premium driver support sadly.

Last edited:
Associate
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart v1.808.0.0 Patch Notes
  • Enabled ray-tracing for compatible AMD GPUs when using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.10.23.03.
  • Visual improvements to some ray-traced reflections and ray-traced shadows
  • Resolved a crash that occurred when playing the game on legacy CPUs.
  • Fixed corrupted text that could appear on waypoints in rare cases.
  • Addressed visual corruption in UI screens that could occur on some AMD and Intel GPUs
  • Corrected visual corruption in Newsprint and Home Move rendering modes
  • Armor list no longer jumps back to the top after selecting an armor item.
  • Various bug fixes, stability improvements and optimizations.

Soldato
Latest patch made no difference to the frame pacing issues and still breaks the pre-patches resolution change 'fix'.

However!....... Nothing to do with the patch but thought I'd give it a go removing the x2 direct storage dll files from the root folder, and what do you know - completely flat frame times and and all frame pacing related judder is gone!

On my system doing this makes no difference in increasing the frame rate like I've seen mentioned, but I value frame pacing over frame rate any day of the week. Need more testing but given the direct storage features aren't properly implemented anyway, apparently, doing this is a big win for me. Great game too, really impressed.

Last edited:
Associate
The weekend before this released I had downloaded it on the PS5 and achieved the Platinum trophy, week later it releases to PC, doh!

Side note, I think I prefer the Trophy system on PS over Steam achievements, the platinum trophy feels like more of an achievement when I want to 100% games lol

Caporegime
Last edited:
Associate
Nice!

GeForce Hotfix display driver version 537.09 is based on our latest Game Ready 536.99.

This hotfix addresses the following issue:
- [Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart] Performance fluctuations due to issues between DirectStorage and some in-game settings

Download https://international.download.nvid...ok-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch.hf.exe

Nice, might try this later. :)

I'm sure I backed up the files, so shouldn't be an issue to test.

If the settings relate to RT settings, I'm wondering if AMD users have noticed any issues now that RT is enabled for them....

Soldato
I've just tested these Nvidia hotfix drivers and put the direct storage DLL files back in - still has framepacing issues so it does not fix that. Removed the DLL files again, kept exact same settings and all frame pacing issues disappear as I said before. It's a Night and day fix to remove the direct storage DLL files for me.

Runs beautifully smooth on my rig now doing the DLL removal trick and looks superb, so no need for any more messing.

It was still occasionally crashing to desktop with a message about GPU drivers though, so I hope this hotfix may address that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom