Rats!

Soldato
Problem with mice nests outside is they start coming inside and then you need to murder them or put up with things being eaten/spoiled/chewed and mice dropping and urine everywhere they go.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
That bucket vid was gruesome to watch, rats are bad but dunno mice seem better but obviously not in the dozens or 100s.

I have caught one enjoying life in my living room, my other half was watching a horror film and saw something run from one corner of the room to another before hearing my name being screamed out loud. Took 3hrs of chasing the little fella and he was no bigger then a thumb only caught up with him due to him gassing from running so fast under the sofas, chairs and tables.

Little guy almost gave me a heart attack too, in the end I had to squash him down with garden gloves on and put my spider catcher (empty dvd spindle plastic see through case) over him and cardboard under it and he was caught finally, let him go back of the garden but he was so cute wanted to keep him !

Associate
OP
Rat man's been!

Couple of poison traps in rat boxes in the garden. He couldn't figure out how they had got in my house. I'm now convinced they're somehow in the wall cavity, my wife's not noticed yet..I hope she doesn't.. The guy seemed to think he could 'temp them out and they probably only go in at night for a rest after a day of rat themed fun.

He'll be back on Friday.. he seemed quite posative about dealing with them...although since I've no idea how they got in I guess this may become a recurring issue.

I think they may be came in the cavity from next door...I've successfully managed not to speak to my neighbour since he moved in two years ago. (Big bushes separate us) guess this'll be a good way to break the ice...

Soldato
Just had a pest controller from the council out, and he’s left a couple of bait stations round the house with stuff called ‘Ratimor’ in it for a mouse problem that’s cropped up, or merely come to light over the weekend. Reading the info on this stuff he’s left, and apparently it also contains mummifying agents, so if a mouse does die somewhere, it shouldn’t produce a smell.

He’s also left me a couple of snap traps as well, as I’m not particularly squeamish about dealing with the aftermath.

Back
Top Bottom