Razer Viper gaming mouse adds optical switch technology

Associate
I hate it when its almost 1:1 pricing. Maybe if I hold out for a white one they'll reduce the price a little.
Oh they will, give it a couple of months! My main concern with it would be rubber sides. I don't think they hold up long term. But time will tell. I managed to snag another GPW new for £87 so I'll be sticking with that

Associate
Oooh nice I'd like top try a G Pro as my G903 is too big but I got it for a good price and it wasn't bad for a first mouse haha. I have heard rumours that the next line in the Logitech X line up will be a G Pro Wireless but not sure how true that is so I'm going to hold off buying anything until Black Friday anyway. I think I read the rubber sides are integrated into the shell so they shouldn't come off at least.

Associate
Yeah I think the rumour is for different colours next month. But I'd be down for new design as well despite having grabbed another.

My concerns with the side rubber on the viper isn't peeling off but just wear to rubber after a year or so. Most mice with rubber on the sides don't fair well long term but obviously that's dependant on the hardness/composition. My other issue with rubber is it just always feels separate from the mouse. I want one uniform material for a consistent feel so I'll be sticking with Logitech. I'm glad they've made this mouse though. It's good that the GPW has some proper competition.

Associate
Oh I get you I thought you meant for build quality, sorry. I'm stuck between a rick and a hard place because I want a GPW and white would swing it for me but the reviews for the Razer Ultimate have been great and its only colour holding me back tbh.

Associate
Ordered the ultimate from razer themselves, let's see how it compares to the g-pro wireless. And I consider the g-pro the best mouse I have ever used... will be fun!

Associate
I saw a custom white one that razer made with grey side grips. Hopefully its coming for the public consumption!

Associate
There are already rumours of a Viper Ultimate Mini so I'm going to hold off jumping the gun and ordering anything. I haven't tried a Viper yet but its on the larger size of mice I have used.

Associate
Don't know if you guys heard or care but the Razer Viper Ultimate (Wireless) has been announced. $130 for the mouse or $150 for the mouse and charging stand bundle.
Review on TechPowerUp
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/razer-viper-ultimate/

The only negative was the software. But this Viper has onboard memory for all settings except lighting, so you can uninstall Synaptic after setting up.

I'm very, very tempted

Viper Ultimate Mini
The Viper Ultimate weighs 74g and has no cable drag, how much lighter do you want it?

Associate
Seen a few pics on reddit of wear and tear to the rubber grips. I mean its to be expected as they are rubber but its a shame they didn't just make them user replaceable on such a premium mouse. Really though I'd prefer none.

Back
Top Bottom