Razer Viper gaming mouse adds optical switch technology

Man of Honour
Dammit my pre-ordered Model O just arrived. Now I need to decide whether to keep it or send it back for the Viper!

(first world problems)

Hmmm, just looked at another Viper review and the RGB isn't saved to memory. You need Synapse running to have it. The DPI settings are saved to memory.

EDIT: The Model O is here right now, it's cheaper, and has no Synapse requirement. It's also nice to support a smaller company. So I'm going with that. I might pick up a Viper in the future when the price drops.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Dammit my pre-ordered Model O just arrived. Now I need to decide whether to keep it or send it back for the Viper!

(first world problems)

Hmmm, just looked at another Viper review and the RGB isn't saved to memory. You need Synapse running to have it. The DPI settings are saved to memory.

EDIT: The Model O is here right now, it's cheaper, and has no Synapse requirement. It's also nice to support a smaller company. So I'm going with that. I might pick up a Viper in the future when the price drops.

We need Corsair and the rest inc Cherry to start with optical. Surely Cherry and Omron will be on this? It is not exclusive to Razer and i think there is another brand that compete they sound chinese. My priority is 2080ti 240hz THEN look at the Huntsman and Viper combo. Hopefully by then it is priced like the old mice and keyboards. That is the only way i would entertain Synapse when it replaces two bits of software for kb and mouse.

Associate
How did they manage to get this Razer down to 69g without the silly hex holes?
Thin shell and cutting out unneeded stuff. 69g isn't very light by today's light standards. They actually got it down to 50g at one point in testing. The honey combing doesn't actually remove that much it's just an extra step in the many you can do to reduce weight. The GPW is like 77g without the weight door and you can get it down to low 60s without any holes

Associate
I feel like the bottom could have been honeycombed aswell to reduce it under 60g but who knows?

I am currently waiting for it to arrive myself i do wonder if anyone has gotten one yet

Associate
I feel like the bottom could have been honeycombed aswell to reduce it under 60g but who knows?

I am currently waiting for it to arrive myself i do wonder if anyone has gotten one yet
You wouldn't get 9g off with that. Maybe half that. I think razer said they didn't want to risk holes if they could due to issues with exposing the PCB.

You can thin the shell or honey comb but not both to the extremes anyways.

V F

V F

Soldato
Thin shell and cutting out unneeded stuff. 69g isn't very light by today's light standards. They actually got it down to 50g at one point in testing. The honey combing doesn't actually remove that much it's just an extra step in the many you can do to reduce weight. The GPW is like 77g without the weight door and you can get it down to low 60s without any holes

Which makes me wonder why didn't they do that with the Lancehead. That thing is disgusting for 104g.

Associate
Well i got mine (direct) and it is lovely !!

My only real complaint is i wish there was a way to turn it into just a right/left handed mouse instead of both the way i hold it quite a lot i end up clicking the side buttons.

I deactivated them though apart from that though its great the cable is perfect no real need to change it and the feet after use feel "fine" perhaps changing them out later depending on mouse mat and what you like ?

Associate
Well i got mine (direct) and it is lovely !!

My only real complaint is i wish there was a way to turn it into just a right/left handed mouse instead of both the way i hold it quite a lot i end up clicking the side buttons.

I deactivated them though apart from that though its great the cable is perfect no real need to change it and the feet after use feel "fine" perhaps changing them out later depending on mouse mat and what you like ?

I cancelled my order here and grabbed it directly yesterday from the Razerstore. It's arriving on Monday so I really can't wait.

Associate
Did you guys here about the rumoured wireless version? I'm quite new to pc gaming (mouse and keeb) so wondered how good Razer's wireless tech is as Logitech seem to be the kings at the moment.

Associate
shame it has no memory for settings.
I love Roccat mice for being able to set up once and not needing the software ever again

Back
Top Bottom