Reacher - Amazon TV series 2022

Associate
I'd agree with most peoples feeling that S1 was significantly better than S2. I much preferred him as a one man A-Team than having an ensemble around him

Associate
Don't understand why directors find it so hard to coreographed fight scenes that don't require the audience to suspend basic common sense.

I've read several of the books, and I don't remember one where an unarmed Reacher was surrounded by several heavily armed people outside his immediate reach, and he somehow magically managed to kill them all or get away. Meanwhile one of his colleagues has a stab wound, another has a bullet in the leg, and other than a bit of a limp, it doesn't seem to encumber either of them.

It's just so lazy and takes the audience to be fools.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't understand why directors find it so hard to coreographed fight scenes that don't require the audience to suspend basic common sense.

I've read several of the books, and I don't remember one where an unarmed Reacher was surrounded by several heavily armed people outside his immediate reach, and he somehow magically managed to kill them all or get away. Meanwhile one of his colleagues has a stab wound, another has a bullet in the leg, and other than a bit of a limp, it doesn't seem to encumber either of them.

It's just so lazy and takes the audience to be fools.

The problem is with fight scene choreography is what you read on the page doesn't translate to the screen, on the screen it needs to be slowed down somewhat, and opened up so people can see whats going on, the problem is that often makes things clumsy and unrealistic.

Associate
I just rewatched Season 1 this weekend and there really is a big difference between the 2 Seasons.

Season 1 had this really good mixture of The Punisher/Due South style story telling. Jack felt more like a force of nature than anything else.

Season 2 really leaned into that "Avenge my family" thing which fumbled badly. The only scene in the whole Season that felt like the Jack from Season 1 was the Car Jacking scene in episode 1.

A cynical part of me is even wondering if the scene was shot just for the trailer...

Not unwatchable but a big step back which is a shame.

Associate
After an excellent first series the wifey and I were looking forward to this, some good bits but very average compared to the first series. Hopefully a third series will redeem it.

Soldato
I see what you guys mean about season 2, right off the bat it's almost like you are watching a different series.

Reacher's character changes significantly, for the worse imo.

I'm about 3 episodes through, fell asleep through most of last night's.

Soldato
Yea...that was a pretty terrible second season. I haven't read the book but is Reacher but to have absolutely NO personality what so ever?...This one he seemed so utterly dead inside lol. I didn't care about any of the team, any of them could have been killed and would be "meh" about it. Except fort the one good cop they managed to leave completely alone with a known target on his back to get killed.
Last episode was a jump to stupid, all the usual hackney bad guy talking tropes blah blah blah.
They also desperately need a proper fight/fire fight choreographer on the team. Nearly getting into "Taken 2" editing territory with people jumping about in scenes to line up to take a punch.

Last edited:
Soldato
I loved season 1 but found season 2 quite poor in comparison for the reasons already mentioned regarding Reacher going solo.

Also, Ritchson got way too jacked for season 2 where I felt a lot of the fight scenes just felt slow and sluggish, due to his size. Compare the fight scene from season 1 where he is in prison. That was brutal. Nothing in Season 2 came anywhere near that.

Soldato
Agree about the sluggishness of the reacher actor, VERY obvious when he "ran" towards the helicopter.
I wonder if thats a character thing, didnt one of them comic about covering his " slow ass", and its even more worse if that actor filming, stopping between takes can only muster up that much speed. Arnie and Stallone where sprinting in jungles FFS lol.

Soldato
I'm still cringing at him holding onto a bed frame with one hand - I don't care if you're hulk, those things weigh an absolute ton. If only the goon could have thought to grab his legs and toss Reacher and hotness out of the chopper.

Back
Top Bottom