• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Really Starting to Think I Should Spend My Money on Something Else!!!

Soldato
Talking of buying something else, well, looks like I might opt not to buy any next gen console.

PS5 - the fatal flaw of not supporting 1440p resolution (you're supposed to connect it to a TV).
XSX - the fatal flaw of not supporting headphones for game audio (you're supposed to connect it to a TV).

I guess I'm the problem. I want to connect the console to a 1440p monitor and use headphones.

Well, screw it. The PC as a platform might cost 5x as much as a console (it does!), but at least I can do things my way. Game at any resolution I like and use any headphones I like.

Both Sony and MS only want to let gamers do things their way. Ze vill uze our konsole vith ze TV and ze vill like it!

Congratulations to MS for removing all audio out options except HDMI in their new consoles. And for never supporting USB audio in the first place. Ugh.
Am i right in thinking that the new xbox also doesn't have bluetooth ?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
From what I've read it's really not ideal. (From my experience of doing the same thing with a PS4 it was much less than ideal.)

Firstly a *lot* of people have reported audible noise/hissing when using the controller audio jack. Second, there's supposed to be a lot compression (lossy) when using the controller as your audio source. Meaning the audio is pretty terribad even without the hissing.

The thing is, there's zero technical reason MS couldn't do what Sony do and allow a USB DAC/soundcard as the audio source. Even a cheap USB soundcard plugged into my PS4 sounds miles better than running the audio through the PS4

The audio crackling was fixed in an update thankfully. I didn't know about the USB thing though, I just plug the 3.5mm jack into the pad and to me it sounds fine but I dont have anything else to compare it to headphone wise, and I generally use my external speakers most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom