1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realtek HD audio not working

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ade555, May 18, 2019.

1. ade555

Gangster

Hi

Looking for help with the above, for some reason HD Audio have code 10 and no sounds via rear output only works via Nvidia HDMI, tried reinstalling drivers ect. nothing is working, cleared everything DDU is well, motherboard Asus H310 tuf, not sure what happen just out of blue stooped working.

Any suggestion welcome

Thanks

2. foster grant

Soldato

As I remember this also was an issue for my own system quite some time ago ( about 5 years ) so I just got myself a cheap sound card at the time ....and have never looked back .

3. ade555

Gangster

hmm this sounds like driver issue to me been honest, I would prefer to stay away from adding sound card at this moment

4. ade555

Gangster

After quick new install of windows still the same so looks like hardware problem?

5. DoneADougalOnSofa

Wise Guy

Check HD Audio is enabled in Bios? Assume it will be, but quick and free to check...

6. Plec

Capodecina

Have you you downloaded latest chipset/audio drivers direct etc from Asus etc..

But also have you made sure of the following:

Check the box for 'Disable Front Panel Jack Detection' - it's in the top right folder icon located within Realtek Audio Manager. This will effect both front and rear jacks.

7. ade555

Gangster

Audio manager no longer there, latest driver direct from asus, bios updated is well, never had this before in my life, when you go in to device manager/ sounds/ only Nvdia HD audio showing up, when I look down the list under system devices I have 2 x High definition Audio controller and on one of them had error 10 (device can not start)

8. ade555

Gangster

Also notice PC won't fully shut down, when you click shut down screen goes blank ect. but light and fans still spins, not sure if this have anything to do with this, only way to fully shut down PC is holding power button

9. Plec

Capodecina

Is this a new problem? - as it could be related to Windows 10 trying to get its updates as you've just reinstalled.

10. ade555

Gangster

well it could be down to update as it suddently stoped working after restart, but now I reinstalled windows, new drivers ect. what that hell has happened :mad:, few issues from not shutting down to chrome won't open but other browsers are fine, no sound from rear only via HDMI

11. Plec

Capodecina

How do you install Windows?

Ideally, disable internet, only allow critical updates (gag Cortanta and block MS from looking at your data etc) and once installed update the chipset/motherboard drivers and GPU from manufactures website straight away (ideally saved on USB/secondary drive). Enable internet...

This stops Windows 10 trying to **** you over with its misguided 'good' intentions.

12. ade555

Gangster

ok will reinstall windows again, just to be sure when looking at drivers on asus website, should just need Lan/chipset/audio?

13. Plec

Capodecina

That's all i would download - i never install any bloatware/utiliities that can be done via BIOS.

I would also clear partitions and quick format - and detach any other drives - Windows like to share...

14. Plec

Capodecina

See ninja edit ^^

15. ade555

Gangster

Ok new install on way windows 10 1809, will report shortly, I done hundreds if not more windows installs and never had any problems before, will see what happens

16. ade555

Gangster

What’s the different from wqhl driver and just simple driver download as ASUS gives couple options

17. Plec

Capodecina

As long as the driver isn't beta - i wouldn't worry about it. But it means that that particular driver has been deemed fit to be endorsed with the WQHL standard by Microsoft - in that it meets the standards to work within the Window OS.

You'll notice them a lot on Nvidia GPU driver downloads.

18. Plec

Capodecina

Additional: see if you have the Realtec option - before installing the GPU drivers.

19. ade555

Gangster

Just finished install no driver updated yet took a screen pic and you can see High definition audio controller have mark under system devices, I hope you can see it

[​IMG]

20. ade555

Gangster

Installed new Realtek driver still the same, no audio, pc won’t shut down completely is well. Hmmm what next?