Rebel Moon | Netflix

Soldato
Just watched Part 1 and I didn’t mind it at all despite acting that makes Keanu Reeves look like Sir John Gielgud at the high of his powers.

Clearly, it’s Snyder’s idea of The Seven Samurai/The Hidden Fortress in space with elements of every Sci-Fi franchise from the last 40 years thrown into the stew.

Soldato
He's a proven great director - when given a lot of supervision and when using someone else's script - yet when he's surrounded by "yes men" who have allowed him to do everything himself without question, he rapidly shows why he needed all the supervision/script work help in the first place!

I really like Snyder's visual style, but this feels like the same problem as when George Lucas was allowed to do the SW Prequel Trilogy without anyone telling him No and with no collaboration/supervision - you end up with the worst of Lucas rather than the best - and thats the trap I think Snyder is in right now, and why I think the best thing for him (which'll never happen) is for him to take a step back and allow others to write, and for him to be forced to collaborate with others over his choices and have them tell him No over stuff, rather than being told "OK" for everything.

Caporegime
Are there any good YouTube film review channels? (Other than ones that are associated with critics/publications outside YouTube).
A little subjective but usually like Jeremy Jawns, Chris Stuckman though haven't watched him for a while and Critical Drinker for some comedy but he loves twisting the knife with his reviews and definitely bandwagons.

Back
Top Bottom