Received an empty box from Amazon Warehouse

Soldato
Hi guys,

I purchased a Huwaei GT2E watch from Amazon Warehouse for £68, it arrived yesterday but the product box was completely empty, not even a manual.

I contacted Amazon and they started an investigation, which they said will take 3 days. I'm already annoyed because they said the box was recorded as correct weight.

If you take the box it is quite hefty and it fooled me as I was opening it as it really felt like there was a product inside until I opened it. I can almost guarantee a complete proudct box and an empty one would weigh roughly the same as the watch woudn't weigh much at all.

Some tramp has obviously just nabbed the watch and returned it to amazon and the returns team haven't even opened the box to see if the watch was in there.

What are my options if they try and withold refund? I'm bloody fuming.

Associate
The best bit of when they ask you too return the missing/damaged item, you send it, it gets lost in the post and it takes a month and a half of phonecalls and emails to sort it out. Amazon really suck sometimes, good luck.

Caporegime
I get the impression that a lot of the Amazon Warehouse stuff is not checked or even looked at beyond the box.

My experience with it has been very hit and miss and to be honest, i have decided to not even bother with most electronics, because odds are it was returned for a reason (especially when it comes to anything with a screen - bad uniformity, dead pixels etc).

The only time anything is worth buying from there is when they have these 20/30% off promotions too. Otherwise the prices are laughable (as in just a pound or two less than buying a brand new one).

Soldato
Seems to be happening quite a lot recently. I keep hearing this type of story.

It does seem to be happening time and time again...

Someone on here only recently suggested recording yourself while unboxing anything from Amazon warehouse.

My missus just bought the new iphone and i unboxed that yesterday whilst recording it - just to make sure there wasn't any cheese inside.

Soldato
I got a copy of FM2020 from Amazon, and the cellophane had been carefully slit open at the top, then the key code sticker cut from within the sleeve. Couldn't tell at all until you opened it.
But Amazon were great and replaced it right away.

Soldato
It's sad that I feel that I have to do this but I film the receiving and opening of anything I get now, just to be on the safe side, because this style of theft whilst still rare in comparative terms, is on the rise so any evidence you can collect is a bonus.

Soldato
It's sad that I feel that I have to do this but I film the receiving and opening of anything I get now, just to be on the safe side, because this style of theft whilst still rare in comparative terms, is on the rise so any evidence you can collect is a bonus.

That’s a good idea, especially on items with some value.

Soldato
I ordered a Tello Boost Combo (drone) for my son for Christmas from Amazon Warehouse advertised "Used - Like New". Bit of damage to the box, but otherwise in decent condition... except someone had clearly flown it and landed in some grass as there was green residue on the prop guards and props. After testing it to make sure it all worked (it was fine), I had a moan at them, and they gave me a further 20% discount :D. A quick wipe down with some cotton wool buds & isopropyl, and it's good as new :)

Also ordered a Sony Android Auto head unit for the car - reduced from £320 to £250 in "Used - Very Good" condition. Looks like it had literally been opened and sent straight back, none of the internal packaging was opened. Bargain.

If you can get a decent discount then it's always worth trying IMO

Back
Top Bottom