• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

recommend me an AMD GPU thats more efficient ?

Soldato
Sapphire Nitro+/ PowerColor Red Devil tend to have good coolers. The PowerColor Red Devil look to be the best price 580 but I would get the Radeon RX 590 Red Dragon 8192MB as its cheaper and will probably be faster but might run hotter? That said, if you are getting a new GPU I would go for a minimum of 5700 so it would be an upgrade over the 580 or a second hand card off mm.

Soldato
my current GPU runs Hotter than any other GPU ive ever had

I have an RX 580

are there any better cards that run cooler, either another RX 580 or better ?

Undervolt it and set a custom fan profile.

I have an RX580 Red Dragon that was hot and loud, we're talking 80-90C under load at times. An undervolt + fan profile has made it close to silent and it never breaks 60C, there's no performance loss either.

Soldato
Might be a problem with model by the look of it. I've had three Powercolor cards and they've all been cool and quiet.

Red dragon

It's common with the Red Dragon variant of the RX580, easily fixed by undervolting and setting a custom fan profile.

Here's a pretty good guide for undervolting:

I use MSI Afterburner for my fan profile.

Here's my settings:

undervolt.jpg

The top is what I've got it set at, bottom is stock voltages for comparison. Don't touch the first state, I'd recommend finding your own sweet spot over just copying what I'm running at though. Some cards will do better or worse than mine when undervolted.

As mentioned earlier, this made my card near silent and it never breaks 60C under load.

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
somebody did help me before with wattman, so ive now gone back into it, and reduced the stage 7 Voltage down even further
running cooler now, hope its stable
tried at 1000, but game crashed (no artifacts)

going to try at 1090

Underboss
OP
i'll have to do more tweaking, but ive put Tier 7 to 1090v and its stable

bit quieter

whats a program these days to see my temps whilst im gaming ?

i'll have to keep an eye on it and see what it does

Also i think i need to sort out the airflow in my system..

Also if i was going to spend money on a new GPU , might as well spend it on watercool instead first lol

Back
Top Bottom