Recommend me some trance?

Permabanned
Surprised this hasn't been posted. No idea why Corsten can't do more stuff like this instead of the usual ***** he releases.

Because we have a global problem with the distribution of trance music videos and tracks. Does Club MTV/ MTV Dance air trance music clips?
Do you have a single radio station (DAB/DAB+ or FM) around you that airs trance music tracks?

Associate
Because we have a global problem with the distribution of trance music videos and tracks. Does Club MTV/ MTV Dance air trance music clips?
Do you have a single radio station (DAB/DAB+ or FM) around you that airs trance music tracks?
i haven't listened to the radio for years and neither do i watch guff like MTV Dance (Keeping up with Tiesto.....no thanks). i thought that most people used spotify/apple music and suchlike for their music these days (there's your global distribution), although i don't use those. i just use beatport/mixcloud/soundcloud and follow a tonne of trance/house artists on twitter for my fix.

Permabanned
i haven't listened to the radio for years and neither do i watch guff like MTV Dance (Keeping up with Tiesto.....no thanks). i thought that most people used spotify/apple music and suchlike for their music these days (there's your global distribution), although i don't use those. i just use beatport/mixcloud/soundcloud and follow a tonne of trance/house artists on twitter for my fix.

I don't support or follow beatport, mixcloud, soundcloud, spotify nor apple music, sorry. To me they look like a very complicated way to listen to music, and online at that.
I just want someone decent like Armin Van Buuren to select special tracks for me, air them on the digital radio Sunshine live, then I will add the tracks in YouTube (in the worst case), in my Winamp playlist, and hope the tracks have videos which I can see on the music televisions.

Associate
I just want someone decent like Armin Van Buuren to select special tracks for me
oh dear. i can't stand him. then again, it looks like you're looking for music to listen to (and i sincerely hope you don't listen to AvB's music as it's easily some of the worst trance going (he should get a better ghost producer)). i, on the other hand, am looking for music to listen to and then mix. so not only am i exposed to some of the worst music you can imagine, i get to listen to some amazing stuff too.

Soldato
I have Google Podcasts and listen to:

Drumcode - techno
Solarstone pres. Pure Trance Radio - progressive and trance
Aly & Fila FSOE - progressive and trance
Damaged Radio - techno and hard trance
Slipmatt's World of Rave and Slips House - old skool, rave, house
Manuel le Saux Extrema - trance

Few others but this keeps me going on train and in car.

Man of Honour
oh dear. i can't stand him. then again, it looks like you're looking for music to listen to (and i sincerely hope you don't listen to AvB's music as it's easily some of the worst trance going (he should get a better ghost producer)). i, on the other hand, am looking for music to listen to and then mix. so not only am i exposed to some of the worst music you can imagine, i get to listen to some amazing stuff too.

Eh aside from some of his experimental stuff in the last year or so like "Blah Blah Blah" which really is terrible I wouldn't say he makes some of the worst trance going - the last few years he seems to have been pushing out a lot of what is either very very generic trance with no passion or soul or experimental stuff trying to find something new that doesn't work at all. But going back beyond that a lot of his older stuff is good to very good.

One of my personal favourites https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlpTELoVTbI

That said I've generally rated the likes of Ferry Corsten, Oakenfold, BT, etc. higher when it comes to original production with real feeling to it.

I have to say I'm listening to a lot of Boral Kibil and Mahmut Orhan these days - they are producing music in the trance or close genres that has a lot of that passion, etc. that made early 90s trance so great.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Ever ventured into something harder? Like hardstyle, or hardcore if you'd prefer, and I don't mean UK stuff

Associate
Eh aside from some of his experimental stuff in the last year or so like "Blah Blah Blah" which really is terrible I wouldn't say he makes some of the worst trance going - the last few years he seems to have been pushing out a lot of what is either very very generic trance with no passion or soul or experimental stuff trying to find something new that doesn't work at all. But going back beyond that a lot of his older stuff is good to very good.

One of my personal favourites https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlpTELoVTbI

That said I've generally rated the likes of Ferry Corsten, Oakenfold, BT, etc. higher when it comes to original production with real feeling to it.

I have to say I'm listening to a lot of Boral Kibil and Mahmut Orhan these days - they are producing music in the trance or close genres that has a lot of that passion, etc. that made early 90s trance so great.
I knew, or was at least hoping, that the YT vid you post was going to be that. It's a cracking track and the only decent thing I can remember him doing. Corsten is hit and miss (Gouryella generally isn't though). Don't rate Oakenfold at all and BT is a God, but not trance. I shall check out the artists you've mentioned.

Man of Honour
I knew, or was at least hoping, that the YT vid you post was going to be that. It's a cracking track and the only decent thing I can remember him doing. Corsten is hit and miss (Gouryella generally isn't though). Don't rate Oakenfold at all and BT is a God, but not trance. I shall check out the artists you've mentioned.

His rework of Communication is decent and I like some of the Universal Religion stuff. Don't like his more recent stuff at all but it seems he is pandering to today's Ibiza crowd that seem to like harder styles and mashes/dubstep :(

Oakenfold has produced some great stuff - give the Swordfish soundtrack a whirl.

BT has some great trance entries as well like Remember.

EDIT: I think the problem is many of these DJs have pushed out some tripe lately trying to stay relevant and people forget the days when they were at the peak.

Caporegime
I generally stay away from that sort of stuff. Too fast and generally soulless. Even taking drugs wouldn't make it listenable.

Well, I take zero and often frequent a party or two over there.

To say it's soulless though, that's a bit harsh. More soul than the 'minimal' trance as I call it from Armin and Tiesto and the like :p

Back
Top Bottom