• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Red Dead Redemption 2 now has DLSS 2 support

Caporegime
So basically to sum that video up:

- the engine is to blame for a lot of the issues with edges of objects including hair/fur, which is why R* TAA implementation is a complete blur fest i.e. to cover up the issues
- not really dlss's fault as it can't fix the flaws that are already there in the first place (much like fsr can't fix any shimmering etc. issues already there too)

Also, just goes to prove my point:

Always puzzles me how people have a bone to pick with dlss motion yet TAA motion never seems to get the same level of scrutiny despite being literally 10 times worse.....

Whilst DLSS motion isn't perfect, it is a hundred times better than TAA.

TTSLtQX.jpg

L8j7yb2.jpg

And as shown by that video and these screenshots, there is no alternative if you want to get rid of jaggies and not kill your fps in the process:

f1Xxsjm.jpg

DLSS balanced:

ceLbNmU.jpg

TAA (sharpness slider set to 0):

T11oedt.jpg

MSAA 4x

WRh1zjH.jpg

MSAA 8x

OGS1aEO.jpg

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Tried it out on the 4k oled earlier on and just pure bliss the experience now, settings whacked up apart from a few like water physics and maintaining a solid locked 60, also the IQ improvement switching from TAA to dlss quality is far more noticeable on the 4k oled than my 3440x1440 monitor.

RDR 2 was one of the first games where 4k really impressed me and more games these days are looking much better with 4k res. now.
You must be blind, apparently it is blurry mess and TAA is much better?

:p

Back
Top Bottom