1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Shawreyboy, Feb 1, 2018.

1. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

I’m finding the controls a bit clunky tbh.

2. rhysduck

Soldato

3. FrankJH

Capodecina

I just got a load of strange looks in the office because I started laughing aloud

:)

Looked on the MS store this morning but it was still in pre-release status before I went to work (was hoping to d/l it while I was at work)

4. Benny

Gangster

So tempted to Buy a one x for this. I keep pawing at the screen on amazon. It is either console and this or a 1080ti for my pc. Anybody got any time on the game yet?

5. Scottland

Capodecina

Am I crazy to be considering buying a One X just for this? Not sure I can wait xx months/years for it to come to PC...

6. youdsy

Mobster

this is why you have to wait for it on PC!

7. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Not really, the One X is a really good console. Most games run at native 4k and it's quiet and plays 4K Blu-rays.

And if you think about it, it's 1/3rd of the price of a 2080Ti GPU....

8. peahead

Mobster

The controls are taking some getting used to i ended up shooting the horse instead of a wolf at one point :o

9. davisdavid

Wise Guy

There's some good deals around at the moment at Smyths and Very for the 1X with RDR2 and Forza (which also looks stunning)

10. Maccy

Commissario

Controls are really confusing!

11. davisdavid

Wise Guy

Moving between walking and running and trot and gallop have been the worst bit. Feels lethargic at times.

12. RDCorporation

Gangster

2 hours into my work day and I recieve a message that RDR2 has been delivered and ready to collect from local shop :eek: can the day just hurry up

13. peahead

Mobster

No your not crazy i have done this in the past and if it makes you happy why not. Btw it looks great on the X you wont be disappointed.

14. peahead

Mobster

Going to be a long day for you me thinks :p

15. antijoke

Caporegime

That’s weird, mine obviously hasn’t done that. Maybe my console doesn’t identify as a one X :( :D

16. Benny

Gangster

I'm in the same position, very tempted. I'm due an upgrade on my PC but keen to see what happens in terms of prices on CPU/GPU in the next 3-6 months. Think RD2 would tide me over for a decent amount of time and would play well on the one x not fussed about playing it on PC.

17. antijoke

Caporegime

Yeah the press a to keep up with the person you are riding with whilst pressing LT to talk to them and then pressing x or y to talk to them....lol

18. NooBish AbbZ

Mobster

Playing on the parent's 1080p TV and the Xbox one X. Can't wait to be back on the 4k HDR. Can't wait to crank up the volume and stuff too :)

19. Wilko_Dog

Wise Guy

I did the exact same and don't regret it one bit it's an impressive bit of kit, forza is also a stunning game, really impressed with the new assassins creed too looks stunning in 4k, cannot wait to play this tonight ! :D

20. Benny

Gangster

What are the frame rates like at 4k? would UHD suffice for 4k, I know it isn't 'true 4k'. I have the Samsung UE50KU6000 50 Inch UHD HDR.