Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
I tend to just pre-order from wherever is cheapest and that has decent reviews/that I trust to get it to me on release day. Sadly it doesn't seem like any place is particularly cheap for RDR2, most are £47.99 or higher. The Game Collection is one of the cheapest I've found, and my usual pre-order place Simplygames is one of the cheaper places too. They're both good places to pre-order from, I've not had any issues with late deliveries.

Associate
OP
Anyone getting the special edition? Tempted as I'm sure the map will be useful to refer to rather than going into the menu to look at it etc. And a bank robbery mission sounds fun :o.

I'll be getting the special edition. Will have to pop in to the Taunton Game shop as I'm away at my partners Holiday Home that week - she is fully aware I'll be playing this :D:D. Have no Internet there so hoping the disc edition plays fine and has no major bugs that require a day 1 patch.

Shawrey

Associate
Right I'm gonna have to buy a console for this, Playstation makes the most sense with its exclusives.

Is it a waste paying the extra for a Pro if I'll only be using it on a 1080p screen?

Soldato
Think i'm just gonna order from Amazon.

I usually prefer digital but figure that this will hold it's value well (like GTA5) so once i'm done with the single player side i can move it on. It's only really Forza/Fifa that i ever revisit.

Was feeling the same, but the multiplayer might make it worth keeping hold of? Conflicted!

Soldato
Right I'm gonna have to buy a console for this, Playstation makes the most sense with its exclusives.

Is it a waste paying the extra for a Pro if I'll only be using it on a 1080p screen?

Not sure actually, I think the game is locked to 30fps no matter what, so if you're on a 1080p, the standard PS4 makes sense.

Happy to be corrected mind you.

Soldato
Was feeling the same, but the multiplayer might make it worth keeping hold of? Conflicted!

I don't think i've ever played a multiplayer game yet. I struggle to find time to play single player!

As for the extra for a PS4 Pro. My theory is a console will last ~4yrs. Do you envision buying a 4k tv in that time? I'd buy it, as even if this is locked to 30fps, other games won't be.

Although i've just ordered a X1X to replace my old Xbox One :p

Soldato
Anyone getting the special edition? Tempted as I'm sure the map will be useful to refer to rather than going into the menu to look at it etc. And a bank robbery mission sounds fun :o.

Nope, definitely not worth it. Physical maps are neat but in reality you'll never use them while playing the game, and the pitiful amount of extra content simply isn't worth the extra £25. If you were getting a season pass or later expansions then yes, but as it is you're paying £25-30 for very little. It's one of the worst-value special editions I've ever seen, you don't even get a steelbook!

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Caporegime
Gonna try getting it on rental from Boomerang. Haven't bought a single PS4 game at retail yet and I'm not starting now. Don't want to get it digital as would prefer to get it on PC as and when, so there's not a lot of options.

Associate
OP
I've also gone with the Special Edition.

I've read this morning that you need a minimum of 105GB available space for the game. Physical copies could come on two discs, no?

https://rockstarintel.com/2018/09/2...dr2-online-content-30-days-before-xbox-users/

IIRC there are 4 layer discs with 128GB of storage on Blu-ray however, I expect the games come compressed on the disc and unpacked on the console. Digital downloaders will crippled if this is a native 100GB+ download.

Shwarey

Gee

Gee

Soldato
IIRC there are 4 layer discs with 128GB of storage on Blu-ray however, I expect the games come compressed on the disc and unpacked on the console. Digital downloaders will crippled if this is a native 100GB+ download.

Shwarey

I was under the impression that PS4's could't read BR discs above 50GB? Textures, models etc. I can imagine being compressed fine, but stuff like audio is what takes up the most space.

Hopefully we'll get some information in the coming weeks.

Associate
OP
Soldato
Pretty sure the PS4 requires double the space needed in a sense. I.e the game will end up 50gb but would need 100gb initially to allow for the install and room to unpack etc?

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Pretty sure the PS4 requires double the space needed in a sense. I.e the game will end up 50gb but would need 100gb initially to allow for the install and room to unpack etc?

Yeah that sounds more like it tbh. IIRC GTA5 on PC needed ~90GB total to trigger installation, but once it was unpacked it was around 50GB.

Back
Top Bottom