Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Shouldn't be a problem, I've bought dozens of keys from them and not had a single one not work. Don't know if they are steam keys or Rockstar keys still at this point but then again even with steam it will still need the Rockstar launcher anyway so no massive advantage either way.

Ok thanks, I'll try and find out if it's steam, prefer to have it listed in my steam library when possible

Associate
I caved and bought it from cdkeys a couple of days ago. Activated on rockstar launcher no problem.

Was planning to wait for sub 20 quid, but think that'll be a good while off yet.

Associate
Slightly off topic but do any of you know why it's showing 6gb VRAM in settings for my RTX 2070 super that has 8gb?

Considering the 2060 was what Nvidia were recommending/exagerating for ultra 1080p gaming (which is what res im on) im finding it wierd that the optimize is set somewhere at mid and it's seemingly not detecting 2gb of my RAM...

Caporegime
Also slightly off-topic but does anyone notice any improvement when the game is on their SSD rather than their HDD? I moved it a few days ago and there seems to be barely any difference. Would that be normal? I don't normally bother putting games on my main SSD and thought I'd give it a shot. Unimpressed so far :confused:

e for content: still absolutely loving this game. It's unbelievably good.

Soldato
Seems to load a few seconds quicker but that's all.

I just moved the directory on to a new SSD and made a symlink to trick the launcher, rather than let it rescan files etc :)

Soldato
How does the rockstar launcher version work with steam in terms of adding a non-steam game and remote play? The R* launcher version is cheaper but I use remote play as my PC is located in a rack under the house and I read that it doesn't work so well.

Associate
@McBain

Lol pictures pls. I just popped 3 hair tonics, no idea if they stack.

Apparently they do (my dude's looking quite feral...no zztop yet though):

Drinking one doubles the Hair Growth rate of the player. The effect stacks - drinking 2 speeds up the rate to 4, drinking 3 increases it to 8 etc - and ends once the next stage of growth is achieved.
The player's hair and facial hair will only naturally grow to a length of 7, but hair tonic can increase the beard's growth up to a 10. Levels 8 and 9 take roughly two weeks to reach with one dose of tonic each, while reaching a level 10 beard takes roughly 3 weeks of in-game time.

Until beard stage 5, consuming more than 3 at a time is considered wasteful, as the time required to progress to the next stage is relatively short. However, from this point onward the growth progress normally takes up several in-game weeks, so taking more than 3 can speed up the progress considerably.
The player needs to trigger a "screen fade" to allow the hair/beard progress to the next stage; they do not grow in real time, and the progress will happen "off-screen", such as while sleeping or fast traveling.

Associate
^ Not sure that's what you should be doing with your PC on a family friendly forum :D

Need to try the hair tonics as have yet to do so.

Associate
I have played this game for about 30 hours and was finding it very, very hard. Just realised I have been playing with no on screen help menus, tips, guide, tutorials lol. They are all off in the settings menu.

Soldato
Also slightly off-topic but does anyone notice any improvement when the game is on their SSD rather than their HDD? I moved it a few days ago and there seems to be barely any difference. Would that be normal? I don't normally bother putting games on my main SSD and thought I'd give it a shot. Unimpressed so far :confused:

e for content: still absolutely loving this game. It's unbelievably good.
No noticeable difference outside of a stopwatch. The game data is optimised for HDD still its years away before games will load faster on an SSD as its all stuck on the one size fits all consoles approach and PC is seen as one of the consoles!!

Back
Top Bottom