Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
OK spent some time on this and decided to revert to the settings I posted ages ago and was very happy with.

The problem is for me I have found looking back is Anisotropic filtering...

I was on X16 but I was using X4 in my original settings.

So I have dialled all my setting to the following....

So will play for a few hours and see how it goes but just going back into Annesburg it is already so much better.

Thanks for posting those. It inspired me to tweak with a few more settings that you've got different from me, and I've now gone up to 55fps on the benchmark, which is okay, I guess.

I have to say that the world does look a bit flatter and duller at times, but it does feel noticable smoother and more enjoyable to play. Cheers. :)

Soldato
Well uninstalled and reinstalling... Used to have to do it with GTA every now and again as it is defo broken for me now. Hopefully reinstalling the Vulcan library will sort things out...

Associate
I'm playing on a Vegas 56 at 1440p and a mix of medium and high settings and I get 55-60fps.

I'm happy with how it looks now I've tweaked it a bit. I won't be buying a new gpu to turn it up ultra.

Soldato
How will this run on my PC at 1440p?

GTX 1070
3570K @ 2.5ghz
16 GB RAM

I need 60fps and close to max settings or I don’t play.
I was running this on a FuryX @1200p and it looked and ran fine, got 60fps. Have a 5700XT now and still get 60fps but it with higher settings, overall the difference is not a big deal for me.

Soldato

GTX 1070
3570K @ 2.5ghz
16 GB RAM

yeah give it a swerve, I have dropped down to 1080p at mid/high to get 60fps.

absolutely loving it and it is making me twitch while I hold out for a 3070.

Soldato
I started playing this today. Put 10 hours into it.

I have to say it looks fantastic and the lighting is incredible. That said the game is the most boring game I've played in a while. After a while the realism becomes tiresome, you spend 3/4 of your time riding a horse from one section to another. I wont even go on about the god awful UI and controls.

A game should have good game play first and foremost, this lacks it in abundance.

Anyway uninstalled and i have no enthusiasm to go back to it. Ride here, do something back, ride back, listen to some uninteresting character. Repeat with the very odd gun fight.

Man of Honour
I started playing this today. Put 10 hours into it.

I have to say it looks fantastic and the lighting is incredible. That said the game is the most boring game I've played in a while. After a while the realism becomes tiresome, you spend 3/4 of your time riding a horse from one section to another. I wont even go on about the god awful UI and controls.

A game should have good game play first and foremost, this lacks it in abundance.

Anyway uninstalled and i have no enthusiasm to go back to it. Ride here, do something back, ride back, listen to some uninteresting character. Repeat with the very odd gun fight.

I think its a question of tastes though, I adore the realism, I actually find the gameplay good rather than lacking, but its all very subjective. There are many games which people talk of having amazing gameplay that I find very dull and boring, and vice versa. As an example, people often speak of Skyrim, yet I find Skyrim hugely uninteresting. Doesnt necessarily make any of those games bad, just different appeal to different players.

Soldato
Well finally reinstalled and it's fixed all my GFX issues. I reverted to my settings on the 22 Nov and back to a solid 60 fps in all area's, no stutter on Vulcan and no random dips into the 40's when near water and tree's (I was on all medium settings and x4 AF and high textures and was terrible looking and playing)

Pain in the bum to reinstall but can play again and it looks great.

Caporegime

GTX 1070
3570K @ 2.5ghz
16 GB RAM

Looks fantastic even at lowish settings tbh, you won’t get 60fps everywhere but you’ll have it looking great and running smoothly with a little bit of googling and tweaking.

If Max settings is your default then your going to miss out a lot without a serious hardware upgrade.

Give it a miss by all means but you’ll be missing a treat imo.

Soldato
Barely scratched the surface ten hours in but really enjoying this.

LOVE the pacing, it is so good to have a game that does not try to force you to sprint from one marker to the next. The slow pace really suits the game too and makes the gunfights more satisfying for their relative rarity so far. And the gameworld is a masterpiece.

Soldato

GTX 1070
3570K @ 2.5ghz
16 GB RAM

It can be made to run pretty well on that but close to maxing at 1440p, you can forget it.

I have a 2070S now with a [email protected] and I can't max it at 1440p. I can get pretty damn high settings with grass shadows etc. and it's locked to 60fps everywhere but in some cities like St. Denis at night it'll drop a couple of fps.
I suppose my CPU bottlenecks me a fair bit as my GPU is sometimes around 80% usage when the drops happen.

Having said that, it looks great even on lower settings and the gameworld is fantastic. The most immersive, detailed and best designed title in years for me, people who played a few hours won't appreciate it but if you put in the time it's totally worth it.

Back
Top Bottom