Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
I completed this last night. Although not as good as the Witcher 3 in terms of narrative quality, the game world was the best I have ever experienced; breathtaking at times and a real achievement in environmental design. My absolute only criticism (having played the previous title) is that knowing how things end, puts a bit of a dampener on things. Although I know it will never happen, it would be superb if Rockstar were to release a condensed version of its predecessor as DLC, perhaps focussing entirely on the main narrative and skipping the "busy work." The story could then be fully wrapped up and the baton passed on to "the next generation..."

274 hours out of the single player mode. Highly recommended.

You see, I really enjoyed Witcher 3, but I think RD2 is a far better game.

Witcher 3 had a great world and lore, but I didn't really get attached to the characters because I think it was more about the world events where RD2 it's focus is Arthur and family, the world comes second.

Soldato
:eek: Wow, you really got stuck in with it, ey?

I thought I'd done a lot but with only 105 hours (which includes possibly 10 hours online) you put me to shame!

I've never played the original, having never owned a console, but I'd love to have the RDR1 story available to play as DLC. From what I gather it would be just as you say and a nice continuation of where they left things here.

In fairness, several dozen of those hours were due to me getting extremely drunk on new year's eve and forgetting that I had left the game running. I did spend ages just exploring though.

Caporegime
Anybody else getting dropping frame rates?
At the start of a session (online or story) I’m getting a solid 70+ FPS, after an hour or so and not necessarily moving to a different area, I’m down to high 20’s although it still seems smooth and we’re it not for my FPS displayed via Afterburner, I doubt I’d have noticed tbh.

Soldato
Anybody else getting dropping frame rates?
At the start of a session (online or story) I’m getting a solid 70+ FPS, after an hour or so and not necessarily moving to a different area, I’m down to high 20’s although it still seems smooth and we’re it not for my FPS displayed via Afterburner, I doubt I’d have noticed tbh.

Only issue I've had is virtual memory crashes but a restart fixed that.

Just picked up my fill-in RX590 and can't wait to see the performance difference from the 270x :D

Soldato
Yes my framerate has tanked! Gutted as I'm nearing the end and it's really ruined the immersion. Think I'm just going to lay off it now until it's sorted (hopefully) in a future update.

Ughh that really sucks and what I was like after the last patch,

They really need to sort out there **** with patches. I have not seen any problems however I have bigger issues with my MBoard atm so cant really test anything until that is resolved

Soldato
Yup. Came to complain about the same thing.

Game has been running sweet as a nut until I applied the latest patch.

Now I see glitches in textures and even big frame drops and slow downs.

Not impressed at all.

Caporegime
Question about Social Club ... if I've been trying to reset my password due to forgetting it and haven't received an email from Rockstar in over 2 weeks then my account is compromised, right? I know in the past they've had issues and the site does say they're experiencing high levels of requests but almost 3 weeks has got to be suspicious, no?

Soldato
Question about Social Club ... if I've been trying to reset my password due to forgetting it and haven't received an email from Rockstar in over 2 weeks then my account is compromised, right? I know in the past they've had issues and the site does say they're experiencing high levels of requests but almost 3 weeks has got to be suspicious, no?

If you've checked your spam folder and there's nothing I'd be contacting the customer support about it, could be an issue they are unaware of

Soldato
You see, I really enjoyed Witcher 3, but I think RD2 is a far better game.

Witcher 3 had a great world and lore, but I didn't really get attached to the characters because I think it was more about the world events where RD2 it's focus is Arthur and family, the world comes second.

I'm finding the opposite, I preferred Witcher 3 as a game overall and the characters etc. (Keira!) but for me the gameworld in RDR2 is the best I've ever seen, it's a masterpiece and I'm probably only half way through.

Associate
Ive tried going back there a few days later. Slowly moving around, running around. Putting bait out. Killing Boars that are there too (to maybe attract predators with the meat). Nothing works ;_;

Soldato
I've finally finished this epic game, truly amazing in every aspect and undoubtedly the best gaming experience ever for me.
I know you can continue playing after the final scene so I rode into town and a new bounty poster appeared at the Sheriffs so I chased him down and collected the money etc, also some side quests that were bugged and would not complete properly start to reappear, the one with the two escaped convicts that bugged out last time has happened again and after collecting all the posters the prisoners have run off and cannot be found so it won't trigger as completed again.

I'm not one for doing the collecting in games so I never looked for any Dinosaur bones or similar type quests that popped up. I didn't hunt the legendary animals either as I was more interested in following the story.
I think I might load a save from the early part of the game with Arthur and replay some of that and maybe do some of the stuff outside of the actual story and make a different choice in some situations.

Back
Top Bottom