Red Dead Redemption 2

Permabanned
Recently finished RDR2 and hands down it was the most amazing game that I have played.

I can't fathom the amount of work it must've been put into this game. Each NPC different voice, interaction, personality. Missions and side missions which are fun, with scope, meaning.

Character development is like an awesome TV series but better. Loved everything about the game from the music, towns, characters, gameplay, mechanics, horses, etc.

Started playing a bit of Red Dead Online however not the same. Probably more fun with friends.

Caporegime
Recently finished RDR2 and hands down it was the most amazing game that I have played.

I can't fathom the amount of work it must've been put into this game. Each NPC different voice, interaction, personality. Missions and side missions which are fun, with scope, meaning.

Character development is like an awesome TV series but better. Loved everything about the game from the music, towns, characters, gameplay, mechanics, horses, etc.

Started playing a bit of Red Dead Online however not the same. Probably more fun with friends.
Have you played Witcher 3? If not it sounds like you would love it. Make sure to add the HD mods:

The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project at The Witcher 3 Nexus - Mods and community

HDMR - HD Monsters Reworked mod at The Witcher 3 Nexus - Mods and community

:)

Associate

I agree an excellent game after the initial launch problems, I hope they will release some map updates to expand the area in the online version

Permabanned
I agree an excellent game after the initial launch problems, I hope they will release some map updates to expand the area in the online version

Can see that Rockstar is actively looking to get more players into Online, especially with the recent split of the game for Online only. However, like you said, they need to expand a bit.

Associate
Still not finished it.. think I played like 1hr of singleplayer before realizing I couldn't be bothered to spend that long finding things .. just ridiculously slow paced waiting to open things, to look for loot kinda unfun nonsense that doesn't really interest me in a game.

Associate
Still need to finish this... shame really I sort of get into it and then bail on it. Im in the final Chapter so should really see it out.

I think half the problem is having to play it on a pad, I jsut cba to get it half the time.

Caporegime
Still need to finish this... shame really I sort of get into it and then bail on it. Im in the final Chapter so should really see it out.

I think half the problem is having to play it on a pad, I just cba to get it half the time.
I much prefer it on a pad than on a keyboard or mouse. Sure you lose some speed and accuracy, but its so much more comfortable and the game control scheme was designed with console in mind anyway.

Soldato
Interesting mention of Witcher here!! I played through and completed all the Witcher games, and started playing Red Dead Online and Single Player modes quite recently. I need to play more single player though, the online mode has taken more of my spare time.

Caporegime
Interesting mention of Witcher here!! I played through and completed all the Witcher games, and started playing Red Dead Online and Single Player modes quite recently. I need to play more single player though, the online mode has taken more of my spare time.
Epic open world story-driven games full of life and detail are where it's at! I can think of few types of game that are more satisfying. It's like playing a book or interactive movie. :)

Caporegime
Still not finished it.. think I played like 1hr of singleplayer before realizing I couldn't be bothered to spend that long finding things .. just ridiculously slow paced waiting to open things, to look for loot kinda unfun nonsense that doesn't really interest me in a game.
and there was me spending hours just traversing the wilderness and gazing in awe at the magnificent scenery.

Everything is like a bob ross painting 10/10

I find my self getting distracting following beautiful flowing rivers instead of chasing after quest markers.

To be fair there's not even a whole lot of looting in the game compared to elder scrolls and fallout games.

you can probably do the whole game never looting anything but the quest objectives and just buying everything in shops or looting your own camp once every blue moon

Soldato
Was going to go for another playthrough but will wait a bit for DLSS.

It kept crashing in the same place so never completed it, recently re-installed in the hope that there had been a fix. Turned out I only had that final mission left.
Still find myself just wandering aimlessly around the map. I'm not into the whole 100% completion thing so I have no chance of finding all the animals and weapons but some new discoveries have popped up now and again.

Soldato
Is there any advantage in buying this on Steam over Epic? And is the extra content in the Ultimate edition worthwhile? I quite fancy giving this game a go, but not sure which version to opt for.

Caporegime
Was going to go for another playthrough but will wait a bit for DLSS.

It kept crashing in the same place so never completed it, recently re-installed in the hope that there had been a fix. Turned out I only had that final mission left.
Still find myself just wandering aimlessly around the map. I'm not into the whole 100% completion thing so I have no chance of finding all the animals and weapons but some new discoveries have popped up now and again.
Nowadays I am only interested in finishing the main story line and exploring to a reasonable extent... I have no time or patience for obsessively exploring everything. It's tough enough getting through Witcher 3 as it is, I'm hoping RDR2 is a bit more streamlined. :D
Is there any advantage in buying this on Steam over Epic? And is the extra content in the Ultimate edition worthwhile? I quite fancy giving this game a go, but not sure which version to opt for.
Obviously far more convenient on Steam if price is similar as that is where most people have existing game libraries and Epic is a bag of ***.

Soldato
Nowadays I am only interested in finishing the main story line and exploring to a reasonable extent... I have no time or patience for obsessively exploring everything. It's tough enough getting through Witcher 3 as it is, I'm hoping RDR2 is a bit more streamlined. :D

The main storyline is quite long and the cutscenes are worth watching. Its a slow paced game for the most part and I would be surprised if anyone just got on with it and didn't spend hours just hunting animals or seeing the sights.
Always something going on like most Rockstar games.

Some of the side quests are well worth doing.

Back
Top Bottom