Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
I have a question for anyone who has played the console version of this..if you dual wield pistols, when you shoot can you draw only one pistol? Or if you are dual wielding do you have to always draw both pistols?

I rarely dual-wielded but IIRC you can open up the weapon wheel (time slows down then) and select the left or right short weapon or the dual-wield option between them to draw both. You can for example use a sawn-off shotgun and a revolver simultaneously or you can highlight just the shotgun to draw it.

You can have two short and two long firearms on you (plus throwing knives, dynamite, lasso and whatnot), the rest stays on the horse and you have to equip what you want beforehand.

Man of Honour
I rarely dual-wielded but IIRC you can open up the weapon wheel (time slows down then) and select the left or right short weapon or the dual-wield option between them to draw both. You can for example use a sawn-off shotgun and a revolver simultaneously or you can highlight just the shotgun to draw it.

You can have two short and two long firearms on you (plus throwing knives, dynamite, lasso and whatnot), the rest stays on the horse and you have to equip what you want beforehand.

Thanks, I want the option of 2 pistols but I will sometimes want to only draw one rather than both so wondered if that was possible. Sounds like it will be.

Soldato
Thanks, I want the option of 2 pistols but I will sometimes want to only draw one rather than both so wondered if that was possible. Sounds like it will be.

Yes, it absolutely is, you just have to open the weapon wheel for a split-second. The interface in this is pretty clunky and takes some time to get used to but I didn't have much trouble so hopefully it'll be the same for you after a while.

This game is a masterpiece in many regards so I hope peple won't get deterred by small niggles and finish it. I'm happy PC players weren't left out in the end. I'll gladly rebuy it myself but not immediately as I'm still playing on the Pro.

Man of Honour
Yes, it absolutely is, you just have to open the weapon wheel for a split-second. The interface in this is pretty clunky and takes some time to get used to but I didn't have much trouble so hopefully it'll be the same for you after a while.

This game is a masterpiece in many regards so I hope peple won't get deterred by small niggles and finish it. I'm happy PC players weren't left out in the end. I'll gladly rebuy it myself but not immediately as I'm still playing on the Pro.

Hopefully the PC version will do away with the weapon wheel and allow keybinds instead.

Man of Honour
could you in GTA V on PC? I cant remember for the life of me now. I do know the weapon wheel was in the PC version though that's for sure.

I'm fairly sure I could keybind in GTAV, however I dont have it installed currently to double check and its a big download for me to reinstall just to see :D

EDIT : checked on google and yes, on PC GTAV you could either use the weapon wheel or use "1,2,3,4 etc – Quick switch weapon" , so keybinds were available. I'd expect the same in RDR2 then, which is good :)

Soldato
I'm fairly sure I could keybind in GTAV, however I dont have it installed currently to double check and its a big download for me to reinstall just to see :D

EDIT : checked on google and yes, on PC GTAV you could either use the weapon wheel or use "1,2,3,4 etc – Quick switch weapon" , so keybinds were available. I'd expect the same in RDR2 then, which is good :)

Theres hope then.

Soldato
The only issue with the keybinding for weapons in GTA V is the key relates to the weapon type and not the weapon. So on my current account I only have one of each weapon so that the key bindings relate to that weapon. My original account on the other hand has every weapon and is a nightmare to select via key keys.

I am not sure if you can have a huge Arsenal in RDR 2 like GTA or you only have one weapon per slot. If that’s the case then it will be good. However I quite like the weapon wheel so will be happy either way.

Very much looking forward to this release. However I am in hospital on the 5th so knowing my luck something will happen and I will end up staying there :p

Soldato
The only issue with the keybinding for weapons in GTA V is the key relates to the weapon type and not the weapon. So on my current account I only have one of each weapon so that the key bindings relate to that weapon. My original account on the other hand has every weapon and is a nightmare to select via key keys.

I am not sure if you can have a huge Arsenal in RDR 2 like GTA or you only have one weapon per slot. If that’s the case then it will be good. However I quite like the weapon wheel so will be happy either way.

You can only have two short and two long firearms on you and those are all visible, you won't be getting out a massive weapon out of your pants like in GTA:p The rest of the weapons stay on the horse, you can have multiple weapons of one category in your horse's cargo but only one on you.

Soldato
Cdkeys is the best place to buy right now but the price is starting to creep up & before launch they would have sold all cheap keys as the price difference is vast! R* must have already banked a lot of cash on the PC version but its never enough for them no wonder they are driving players to their own store (where you cannot even buy the std key on its own!!). Only problem with cdkeys is no preload & 150GB is going to take a while to get once the game is live!!

Soldato
You can only have two short and two long firearms on you and those are all visible, you won't be getting out a massive weapon out of your pants like in GTA:p The rest of the weapons stay on the horse, you can have multiple weapons of one category in your horse's cargo but only one on you.

Awesome, thanks for that. No more cycling through an arsenal for that 1 pew pew

Only problem with cdkeys is no preload & 150GB is going to take a while to get once the game is live!!

The key will be made available on the 4th so a preload should not be a problem.

Associate
I hope Rockstars servers will be able to cope with al the thousands of downloads that are going to happen in one day and my download doesn't crawl, lol

Soldato
I'm not too stressed on the download/preload front. Probably won't have that much time during the week anyway, but do have the following week off work, so as long as I get it downloaded by then!!

Back
Top Bottom