Red Sea / Houthi rebels situation

Soldato
Drones are the big equalizer in modern warfare.

No idea of how effective jammers are but I get the impression that if the US ground invasions of Afghanistan 2001 and Iraq 2003 were done today it would be a bit of a mess for them.

Soldato
we will never have the aircraft to have a full air wing on both carriers (we're only ordering 74 F-35 split between the RAF and the RN).

I agree with the rest of your post and, right now, you're correct that we don't have enough F-35's, but ***if*** we still manage to buy 74 A/C then that means the carriers will be able to get their "war" complement of 24 F-35's each (2x SQN's of 12 F-35's on each) with the possibility of a surge of an additional SQN on one of them (5 in total = 60 F-35's leaving spares in the UK/US) so I wouldn't say "never" right now.

Soldato
This is why I say Trump would have been better for a second term, Iran wouldn't even be at **** around stage because they know with Trump they will find out, Joe is ambiguous and they're calling his bluff, so they may find out, they may not, I would guess the US will still show restraint and will limit retaliation to everywhere possible in the region but Iran proper because that's an escalation that despite deserved, Joe won't want to commit to

Soldato
This is why I say Trump would have been better for a second term, Iran wouldn't even be at **** around stage because they know with Trump they will find out, Joe is ambiguous and they're calling his bluff, so they may find out, they may not, I would guess the US will still show restraint and will limit retaliation to everywhere possible in the region but Iran proper because that's an escalation that despite deserved, Joe won't want to commit to
even more fuel for trump campaign

Soldato
It's interesting that the drone managed to hit a US base. Drones definitely have an edge over anything designed to counter them at the minute.

Soldato
It's interesting that the drone managed to hit a US base. Drones definitely have an edge over anything designed to counter them at the minute.

Can't the signal be blocked?

These things are controlled right, assuming by radio?

Admittedly I know basically nothing, but seems crazy you cannot just broadcast on the same wavelength and knock out the signal to it.

Soldato
Can't the signal be blocked?

These things are controlled right, assuming by radio?

Admittedly I know basically nothing, but seems crazy you cannot just broadcast on the same wavelength and knock out the signal to it.
Look up GPS spoofing, gps is unencrypted so all involved countries will be “spoofing” the signals to send drones to locations where they can’t do anything or can be easily destroyed etc

On a wider scale the same could be applied to planes etc too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom