Red Sea / Houthi rebels situation

Soldato
And there it is :rolleyes:

Notice how it's never, ever "stop Hamas killing Israeli civilians in the first place which causes Israel to level places" but its always "stop Israel retaliating after its civilians are murdered by terrorists" instead, sickening really but not a surprise.

lol and there it is! (I can do that to!) saying Isreal should stop systematically destroying Gaza is not supporting Hamas (is there a slow hand clap emoji?)

Please explain which Hamas killings currently taking place we could stop which might convince the Houthis to stop blowing up ships in the Red Sea?

You’d need a Time Machine to stop the Hamas killings that prompted Israel’s current war and sadly I don’t have one otherwise I would suggest that Hamas are scum bags.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok so now we are setting up a naval blockade of a country to target a rebel faction within it and blowing the hell out of it without any sort of international mandate kind of extreme don’t you think?
Since when has an international mandate been needed for the US or UK to exercise their might on lesser problematic nations ?
Have you any idea of the amount of assets that would need to be committed to ‘blockade Yemen’ effectively without further starving the populations?
Do we want to stop them, or just annoy them ? It seems you'd rather we just be annoyance, like they are for us

War isn't cheap, piecemeal strikes on targets that have had days warning to move to somewhere else, is more a waste of money and over long term probably amounts to being more costly than something more decisive and expensive in the short term

Just like with Ukraine, it's going to cost the West more to keep Ukraine in the fight with Russia long term than it is giving them everything they need to win short term

Last edited:
Soldato
Since when has an international mandate been needed for the US or UK to exercise their might on lesser problematic nations ?

Do we want to stop them, or just annoy them ? It seems you'd rather we just be annoyance, like they are for us

War isn't cheap, piecemeal strikes on targets that have had days warning to move to somewhere else, is more a waste of money and over long term probably amounts to being more costly than something more decisive and expensive in the short term

Just like with Ukraine, it's going to cost the West more to keep Ukraine in the fight with Russia long term than it is giving them everything they need to win short term
So are you advocating we stop and search in depth every ship approaching Yemen and we have enough vessels in the region to intercept everything heading for the coast? The Saudi’s have been blockading the place for several years starving the population and depriving the country of fuel so its hospitals fail and that hasn’t stopped the flow of Iranian weapons into the country. The UK and USA can’t be seen to be starving the general population of a country, we are not Saudi so the effort required would be huge and the international pressure to allow essential supplies through massive. Yes the US and UK have acted unilaterally in the past but not to physically blockade a country which is an extreme response. If you want to stop them you need the massive escalation which is what you were just saying we didn’t need, be honest with yourself and everyone else if you want to stop the Houthis completely an extreme escalation, like blockading an entire country is required!

Associate
No one is going to be bombing anyone or invading anywhere. It's election year and Biden is losing lots of safe Dem votes over refusing to call for a ceasefire in Gaza. If Biden bombs the hell out of Yemen he could well lose the election.

Further it was an Iraqi rebel militia who are known to often disobey Irans orders who killed the 3 US soldiers.

Biden's options are limited but I expect he will just do larger strikes on Houthi military installations and drone strikes on the Iraqi militia

Soldato
lol and there it is! (I can do that to!) saying Isreal should stop systematically destroying Gaza is not supporting Hamas (is there a slow hand clap emoji?)

At no point did I say it did. I'm very happy for you to quote my post where you think I said what you've written.

Please explain which Hamas killings currently taking place we could stop which might convince the Houthis to stop blowing up ships in the Red Sea?

Again, at no point did I say that killing Hamas now will stop anything currently happening and, again, I'm very happy for you to quote my post where you think I said what you've written.

One thing that does puzzle me though and I think you just haven't thought this through - you say above that the "best solution" is for Israel not to punish Hamas, and that would mean that Hamas would be allowed to continue attacking Israel. But then you also say that you don't support Hamas (something we both agree on) but yet your "best solution" would specifically allow Hamas to continue attacking Israel and would stop Israel from defending itself. Therefore it sounds like your "best solution" is very much only the "best solution" for Hamas meaning your "best solution" actually supports Hamas, and I'm 100% sure you think there's some logic in there when you say it doesn't, but it does.

Soldato
Why give the Iranians and their proxies ample warning to get their assets out of dodge before attacking? Why not just level the ***** and then answer any questions afterwards?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom