• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Reduce Coil Whine Today!

Associate
I am glad to hear it removed the coil whine for you.
Interesting that EK have changed the manual for the strix version, I just checked the EK EVGA backplate and it's the same. Did your stock backplate have any thermal pads in this location? I'm not sure mine did, I will check later.

My stock EK backplate, looked exactly like the picture you showed when the first manual was posted on their website. That is how mine is currently configured. If you look at the manual now, it looks a lot different. The VRM pads were originally 1mm thick, they're now 2mm. Theres also additional pads around the ram (shown in red). It will be interesting to see if this has solved the issue. Failing that I do have the Aquacomputer Kryographic due to arrive mid February with active back plate and there's always the EK active back plate later on down the line. I've not heard good things about the Aquacomputer one though.

Soldato
My stock EK backplate, looked exactly like the picture you showed when the first manual was posted on their website. That is how mine is currently configured. If you look at the manual now, it looks a lot different. The VRM pads were originally 1mm thick, they're now 2mm. Theres also additional pads around the ram (shown in red). It will be interesting to see if this has solved the issue. Failing that I do have the Aquacomputer Kryographic due to arrive mid February with active back plate and there's always the EK active back plate later on down the line. I've not heard good things about the Aquacomputer one though.

I checked my EVGA backplate and there was no thermal pads at all on there, the backplate seems purely cosmetic. I looked at your EK backplate and yes there is a ton more thermal pads, interested to see if the revision changes anything for you.
As it stands for my loop I am happy now that the coil whine has gone and as the stock card didnt have any thermal pads for the back plate I am not really concerned about not having pads in that area.

Back
Top Bottom