Relocating to the south west, Bristol or Cardiff?

Caporegime
OP
Awasome to hear that.

Gf has just got a job too so the shift is going to be much more seemless.
Moving next weekend. Already signed up to my first social event and see a few surfing events too. Glad I'll be there for summer

Soldato
As for Bristol. I often have to pass through there to either catch a flight or train to to meet with a client in Taunton... I had an interview in the Temple Meades area shortly before moving to Cardiff. And to be honest I didnt like what I saw (of the centre)... I'm not sure what is going on there but the roads are an absolute mess. I'm sure it's great outside of the centre though.
They were redoing the centre (station isn't in the centre) and in terms of road works, the centre is much better. Traffic is and always will be awful despite the constant 'improvements'. Temple Meads has a variety of road works going on at the moment which I think are coming to an end fairly soon...and I'm sure won't actually make much of a positive difference to people travelling around that area.
Mind you, I'm not saying Bristol is amazing. I live here and for the most part enjoy it, but I am looking at potentially moving further away so it's not somewhere that has me desperate to stay.

Oh... The people here are far friendlier than londoners lol
Same goes for literally anywhere in the world. :p

Awasome to hear that.

Gf has just got a job too so the shift is going to be much more seemless.
Moving next weekend. Already signed up to my first social event and see a few surfing events too. Glad I'll be there for summer
Sounds like it's all panning out nicely for you, good stuff. :)

Caporegime
OP
One last update.

Arrived in Cardiff a couple of weeks ago for new job, so I've been living in Airbnb for a couple of weeks with full move this week.

So far (2 weeks in) Cardiff is everything I wanted in terms of hobbies.
I get to finish at 4, can get to beach for kayaking before 5pm even on weekdays.

Probably helps that every single day has been hot and dry!

Glad I didn't chose Bristol. As said, the roads are chaos! Now I've witnessed this first hand.

I'm 33 and wish I had done this sooner!
Life is too short to wait around.
Never been obsessed with money so have a modest paying job (35k) but with BI only change is up really And as I'm not having kids this is plenty to do all things I want to.

New evening activity...

TIACfgql.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
One last update.

Arrived in Cardiff a couple of weeks ago for new job, so I've been living in Airbnb for a couple of weeks with full move this week.

I get to finish at 4, can get to beach for kayaking before 5pm even on weekdays.

Glad I didn't chose Bristol. As said, the roads are chaos! Now I've witnessed this first hand.

Never been obsessed with money so have a modest paying job (35k) but with BI only change is up really And as I'm not having kids this is plenty to do all things I want to.

New evening activity...

Congrats! Cardiff is a wicked city - I miss it very much. Surrounding areas are stunning too, I highly recommend a trip down to Ogmore by Sea one weekend.

Soldato
One last update.

New evening activity...

TIACfgql.jpg

Great choice moving to Cardiff. I've been here (Cardiff bay area) almost 2 years. And I'm still loving it.

Sadly I'll be leaving in a few weeks. Will definitely come back though!

Soldato
Good choice. Cardiff is great. Stayed in the Bay some years ago for 8 or 9 months. Worked there again for about the same length of time in 2016, staying in a hotel for the entire time(Futures Inn) and thoroughly enjoyed it again. Nice walk into the office each morning, about 35% of it under cover too, walking right through St DAvids Dewi Saint.
My time in Bristol recently I didn't like. Found it a bit of a ****hole. Had a few kind of run-ins with locals over stupid things (not my fault!) and a couple of guys tried to mug me one evening too. Unlucky maybe but I won't be rushing back there again!

Back
Top Bottom