Renovating a w/c room - studding out walls and tiling floors

Soldato
OP
Also sorted my sink and tiling. Just need to tidy up /filler edges of the worktop. Had to buy a different (£100 Grohe!) tap to fit in the space I wanted.

Now I'm just waiting on plasterer for one wall so I can paint the whole space!

2hW0TVp.jpeg

CVVNnkb.jpeg

The money shot... I'm sure some will disagree with using plastic but hey.

Nfbbjox.jpeg

Soldato
Nice cuts on the tile trim!

I was thinking last night about my walls and how lucky I am they have been "lined" properly with lining paper. Then the hall rad came off and I realised they'd literally just painted the old wallpaper... nuts.

Soldato
OP
Nice cuts on the tile trim!

I was thinking last night about my walls and how lucky I am they have been "lined" properly with lining paper. Then the hall rad came off and I realised they'd literally just painted the old wallpaper... nuts.
I think painting wallpaper whilst I've never done it is fairly common if it's well fixed.

Ive fitted my boxing and skirting board. Managed to cut the boxing in for waste pipework about 40mm less deep so doesn't protrude into the room as much.

The one skirting external mitre isn't the neatest as I couldn't work out how to get an acute external mitre... (I also don't have an angle measurer)

Unfortunately after fitting I realised my stop tap is leaking! I think it's leaking from the gland nut but might leave a couple of weeks for the Plunber to fix whilst he's here... (pending how much its leaking)

bUrtkTX.jpeg

Was a right pain but got a router to profile around the stop tap cover. Also had to turn the water off to get this section over the capped end for the toilet (think the plumber thought id use shorter skirting....)

wVQFbS7.jpeg

Zn6bliB.jpeg

5s6wucS.jpeg

BBB40wr.jpeg

ikEspWB.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Finished this with the toilet installed today by Plumber. also boxed in my electric board with an IKEA unit and got a mirror in.... Just don't point out I cut the ikea unit top the wrong way round...

WhPnfFP.jpeg

ARBJEBN.jpeg

New light and boxing.... Only issue is the room is I need a stronger bulb. Good news is it hides bad plastering.
J5POoUn.jpeg

VUiFokP.jpeg

DRI1KZg.jpeg

js92PZo.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom