Reported: 10 Killed in US Batman Premiere

Soldato
a few in this thread don't believe you can die with a bullet in the leg. im pretty sure you can if it goes through a main artery and they lose a lot of blood.

i really don't get why someone would want to kill random people at the cinema

Soldato
Where was the gun toting pensioner justifying the second amendment this time?

Surely it proves the point though? In that video gunmen broke in and got scared off. In this case regular citizens are not armed so can't defend themselves. I would say it makes the pro gun ownership argument stronger. If the pensioner was at the cinema it could have been stopped.

Caporegime
Surely it proves the point though? In that video gunmen broke in and got scared off. In this case regular citizens are not armed so can't defend themselves. I would say it makes the pro gun ownership argument stronger. If the pensioner was at the cinema it could have been stopped.

WE NEED MORE GUNS TO MAKE IT FAIR.

In other news, no.

Soldato

What, and watch as more people than needed die when someone shoots the person shooting at the assailant and then gets shot themself by another person thinking they're the assailant? Bare in mind there was tear gas and people would be frantic anyway clouding their judgement.

Man of Honour

I cannot think of anything more horribly scary* than a situation where your average cinema-goer is armed with a firearm. Just a ridiculous suggestion.

*You know what I mean.

Soldato

Colorado does allow citizens to carry a weapon. But of course:

1. You must have a concealed weapons permit.
2. It really MUST be concealed at all times. And by that I mean when you reach up to get something (like on a grocery store shelf) your 9mm must still not become visible to someone who glances at you while your jacket rides up etc.

Soldato

Really? In a dark, crowded room filled with smoke, with hundreds of people panicking and running around and the gunman wearing either partial or full body armour (conflicting reports).

All that would achieve is more injuries or deaths.

Soldato

You are not comparing like with like, you are comparing one kind of criminal with another, in particular, one that is insane and intent on doing damage, the other not.

Guns don't work like they do in the movies or when you play counter strike, its not easy to get a headshot, its not easy to pull out a weapon and shoot someone whilst under fire, look at the Gabrielle Giffords assassination attempt, none of the conceal carry holders did a damn thing, and if they had of done, they would have probably ended up shooting innocent people rather than the criminal.

People on here need to grow up and realise they are not super heroes and real life doesn't work like it does in the movies, when someone starts shooting one of the last thing I would want is yet more untrained idiot civilians pulling out guns and unloading yet more bullets.

Soldato

I completely see where youre coming from, but hurfdurf is right. Adding panicked, untrained civilians into the mix will only Make it worse. Much, much worse.

Back
Top Bottom