Resident Evil 2 vr mod

Soldato
Be interesting to see what he's done with 7. No motion controls yet, but does it beat out the PSVR version or the VorpX experience. A good day regardless, most influential vr youtubers picked up on this so it'll see good traction.

Soldato
Had some issues getting RE2 working, but it's up and running and it looks amazing in VR.
Can't believe it's got proper motion controlled aiming too.

There's some jankiness, but it's incredible for a non-source ported mod.

Associate
what are the best graphics settings to run this mod smoothly? ive noticed big frame rate drops in outdoor settings while gpu usage is only around 80%. this is with a 3090 and a reverb g2 ( native resolution )

Any help is most appreciated !

Associate
With RE3 I’ve had a play around and found the ‘Balanced’ preset gave ok results with my G2. This is with dropping Steam res. down to 80%.
My rig 3090, x5950 & 3600c14 mem.
Am never sure with any game if it’s better with reprojection/smoothing on or off

Soldato
I pulled it down to native in steam, and turned down a couple of the suggested settings in the FAQ. Doing that you could physically see the difference, but i wouldn't say anything going on outside was any more challenging on the system, if anything leaving the zombie horde outside the station then going inside was more of a notable hit. Most notable impact on performance for me was messing with the in game image quality, anything above 100 and it let you know.

I'll mess with it some more tomorrow, i was struggling with positioning which was annoying me more. Interestingly the Openvr FSR hack works, that's a boost if it works out.

Soldato
Perfect performance, G2/9700k/3090 using FSR. Aliasing with SMAA, Max mesh quality, Shadows quality low, Texture quality high(8gb), Texture filter high(anisox16) Shadow cache on, contact shadows off, Screen space reflections off, Subsurface scattering off, Volumatic lighting off, Particle lighting high, Ambient occlusion HBAO+. bloom, lens, motion blur all off, Depth of field on, Lens distortion on, Film noise on, Image quality 100.

Messed about so there's there's zero tearing or artefacts, totally smooth turning movements. Wanted to maintain the quality of the models mostly, thankfully i able to do that without any issues popping up. Shadows seem to bring back the artifacting and nail the performance. I'm sure there's a more knowingly than i out there that has it better figured out, but this works for me and still looks the bomb.

This (RE2) would have been my GOTY had it been released a day earlier, there's nothing else like the vibrant world with as much action in sequence available in VR.

Associate
Didn’t get RE2 as played the remake on my Playstation. Had another play with RE3 settings and managed to get it to look all washed out again. My 3090 fans are screaming with the load.
PCVR is good but it’s such a nice luxury being able to load a native Quest 2 game up and play it without hours of graphics setting fiddling .

Associate
OP
Playing RE3 i upped the graphics settings (can remember exactly what) and it plays very smoothly, looks really nice, reminds me of Alyx quality. This is on 3080ti oc'd. Shame about the cutscenes.

Associate
have tried a lot of settings but my 3060ti is just about running this, Im depending on ASW to keep my framerate high enough (80hz), @lokiss whats fsr? its also pretty hard in VR or maybe its just my imagination!

Associate
Yep I got much better performance using the openvr_fsr DLL, as I did with Skyrim and Fallout 4.
Going to try it later with Dirt 2.0 VR

Associate
hows everyone getting on with this? I have now played through both RE2 & 3 remakes using this mod, they are really great in VR and its amazing the work thats been done by a few modders, would put some big developers to shame

Associate
It is tricky at times but having played it through on Pancake a few times previously has helped me a lot as I know enemy locations/patterns/weaknesses etc

Soldato
Stuck on the first boss in the underground below the station, i find it difficult to do all things at once. Downloaded the latest update before returning to, it seems to be a little less taxing, not spinning up my system as much.

What's not to like though, great game, super in VR.

Associate
Stuck on the first boss in the underground below the station, i find it difficult to do all things at once. Downloaded the latest update before returning to, it seems to be a little less taxing, not spinning up my system as much.

What's not to like though, great game, super in VR.
keep your distance, aim for the big eye if you can or head if not ;)

Soldato
keep your distance, aim for the big eye if you can or head if not

Nailed it, after unloading everything i was down to the last 5 rounds. First round was a lucky bullet, major relief.

Back in the main part of the station now after meeting that Mr X fella. Another fright in an afternoon full of them with those god awful lickers, i shall resume tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom