Resident Evil 3 (r3make)

Associate
This is fantastic and has really reignited my interest in Resi Evil games.

Do we think Re4 will ever get an update or remaster? That was my favourite in the series.

Soldato
If like me, most of you found this game too easy even on hardcore mode, play it on nightmare and just wait til you get to the final boss. I've now had 2 sessions just trying to kill him, and I've not managed it yet. Hardest boss I've ever faced. I don't have the infinite rocket launcher though, maybe it's much easier with that? I got all the coins, the extra pouches, the assault rifle instead.

Soldato
I tried again today after having not played this for a week or so, and I finally beat him!! Unbelievably satisfying, I think he must've killed me close to 100 times if not more. What a great boss fight though, wow.

Anyone completed on inferno?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I tried again today after having not played this for a week or so, and I finally beat him!! Unbelievably satisfying, I think he must've killed me close to 100 times if not more. What a great boss fight though, wow.

Anyone completed on inferno?
I have, died less than 10 times though :p

Fun game, will revisit to play again with unlocked stuff in the future. Though to be honest I always found that stuff to spoil the game and take away a lot of the fun. Can be fun for a while though.

Soldato
Just finished it on inferno without the rocket launcher, final boss again was very tough to beat, I highly recommended it if you enjoy a challenge! That's me all done with the game, looking forward to the RE4 remake.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just finished it on inferno without the rocket launcher, final boss again was very tough to beat, I highly recommended it if you enjoy a challenge! That's me all done with the game, looking forward to the RE4 remake.
Seems you got your moneys worth out of the game like me :)

Still find it a shame they have gone to RE4 instead of Code Veronica.

Soldato
Well my game time is just under four hours and I've reached underground bit as Jill.

I suspect I'm very close to the end, I've enjoyed what I've played so far tbh.

Got the magnum too before I went there which I think I'll save all the bullets I can for it for the last boss :)

Soldato
Got just under 6hours, 5hours 55 minutes.

Rank C with 33 saves I think, tbf I wasn't aiming for any high ranks just to play it and enjoy it which I did.

Hospital bit had the best atmosphere in the game

Soldato
Got just under 6hours, 5hours 55 minutes.

Rank C with 33 saves I think, tbf I wasn't aiming for any high ranks just to play it and enjoy it which I did.

Hospital bit had the best atmosphere in the game

I got very similar on my first run.
If playing again your best bet is probably run through it on assisted mode picking up loads of kills and gaining more points, unlock the infinite assault rifle and then playing on hardcore. I think I went straight to hardcore and accumulated enough points midway through to get the rifle. I mistakenly bought the extra pouches first.

Soldato
Tempted to get re3re but I've heard it's not got quite the polish of the second one, anyone played both?

Gameplay and graphics wise it's just as good as RE2 imo, the new dodge move however is a huge improvement over RE2. At first you won't even use it, I didn't even know it was there until I was a few hours in, I played it like RE2 and it was fine. Once you start playing on nightmare/inferno mode the dodge becomes essential especially vs the last boss and it becomes a natural part of your game play. I suspect if i went back to RE2 now I'd be bashing dodge and get really annoyed that nothing happens.

RE2 was longer and had better replay value with the different characters and 2nd runs being slightly different, so expect a much shorter game. In return they've given you assisted, standard, hardcore, nightmare and inferno modes and there is a significant difference in the final boss battle when you get to nightmare and inferno, especially if you take him on without the rocket launcher.

Soldato
I got very similar on my first run.
If playing again your best bet is probably run through it on assisted mode picking up loads of kills and gaining more points, unlock the infinite assault rifle and then playing on hardcore. I think I went straight to hardcore and accumulated enough points midway through to get the rifle. I mistakenly bought the extra pouches first.
I may give it another go but not sure, it won't be anytime soon

Only because I have other stuff to play and since it doesn't have the multiple endings as such I'm not too fussed for the ranks

I got the game for free anyway so even though short I've not felt that it's too short from a money purpose like others have felt

Soldato
2qyspV

Okay, now I'm done with the game. Did inferno with the RL to get S rank, far too easy.

Edit: images dont seem to be working - I got S rank in all modes.

https://freeimage.host/i/2qyspV

Back
Top Bottom