Resident Evil 3 Remake

Associate
Resident Evil 3 Remake has been announced today, details taken from IGN website: Source

The long-rumored Resident Evil 3 remake was officially announced during Sony's State of Play livestream.

Capcom announced its remake of Resident Evil 3 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam with a reveal trailer during Sony's State of Play today. It will be available on April 3, 2020.

While a Resident Evil 3 remake isn't a surprise, the fact that it's actually the campaign portion of the previously announced 4v1 asymmetrical multiplayer take on the series, Project Resistance, wasn't expected.

Project Resistance has four survivors trying to outlast the tricks and traps of a fifth player, the Mastermind, who wins by killing the survivors off. For more details check out our Project Resistance preview.

I'm pretty excited for this one, RE2 remake was one of the games of the year for me, I thought they did a really good job with it. I just hope this isn't too much of a copy and paste job given how quickly it's come around.

Project Resistance looked a bit janky from what I saw a few months ago, hopefully they've managed to improve things since then.

Soldato
Resident Evil 3 is my favourite of the games in the series, if this is done to the same standard as the Resident Evil 2 remake I'll be very happy.

Fingers crossed for a Code Veronica update down the line!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Great to see they managed to bring it out so soon after RE2 Remake. I hope they started working on Code Veronica now which is also one of my favourites. Day 1 purchase for me :)

Soldato
Sooner than expected!
And surprisingly RE:Resistance is part of the release!
I'm not that surprised myself , imo it doesn't look anything special least this way they can see if people will a) play that type of re game and b) test waters if it's worth making another re game in that style and sell it as a stand alone title in the future

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
They fact that they can make these so quickly means they are not as hard to make and cheaper than a full blown release so it is quite profitable. I really hope they do not stop here and get Code Veronica made also.

What I would like to see is them releasing the original games on steam. They were already made for pc, so it should not be too hard to fix and update the installers for them to work on Windows 10.

Associate
I'm not that surprised myself , imo it doesn't look anything special least this way they can see if people will a) play that type of re game and b) test waters if it's worth making another re game in that style and sell it as a stand alone title in the future
Public reception is probably a better reasoning for bundling them together.
They sure know RE3 is gonna sell well.

Associate
OP
Just checking whats out around the same time and realised it's going to be an expensive March/April. We have FF7 Remake (console release), Doom Eternal, RE3 Remake and Cyberpunk all in the space of a month and a half :eek:

Back
Top Bottom