Resident Evil 3 Remake

Soldato
Now £11.99 on CD Keys, worth it at that surely, enjoyed the 2 remake?

Thanks for telling us, I have now bought it at that price!

*hits refund on Steam*

Saved me a fiver, nice one. :)

Purchased at CD Keys thank you! Looking forward to playing that over the weekend!

I haven't started it yet, I plan to put in a couple of hours late gaming tonight. Let me know what you think of it!

Associate
I bought this (RE3) at 11.99 and i enjoyed it although it was short. I think i finished it in 6 hours and did a fair bit of looting/scavenging.

Was good whilte it lasted though. Would have been miffed if i paid full price.

Soldato
I bought this (RE3) at 11.99 and i enjoyed it although it was short. I think i finished it in 6 hours and did a fair bit of looting/scavenging.

Was good whilte it lasted though. Would have been miffed if i paid full price.

Similar feeling I'm 2 hours in, happy with the price I paid. More to come today :D

Associate
I am enjoying it a lot. Played straight after RE2,where I was limping around with no health and no ammo for most of the game. This makes a refreshing change with ammo and health more available. Very different to RE2 sure but good for £12.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
So I finally got round to getting this sice it was on Kinguin for under a tenner and figured why not. Only 100 minutes or so in and lack of ammo is annoying :D

Have to say the graphical effects are superb, little details like how you get realtime reactive reflections of metal surfaces like those big liquid tanks attached to plumbing, how the RT lighting and GI reacts to what shade of bounce light you get on surfaces your torch hits.

Permabanned
Compared to the original, it sucks major balls.

As a game though it is not a bad game, I am in two minds, great game, terrible remake.
RE2 is also inferior to the original too but as a game it's not a bad game either.

Permabanned
well, ive heard 2 was very good ?

ive replayed the 1st one quite a few times, and a little bit of 2, i need to replay the 2nd one and finish it
Many don't remember the original games since they did not replay them, those who did though know way more of the details missing.

Here is a good video to help you out.

"As great as the remake is, it doesn't render the original obsolete at all. While the remake arguably improves on most aspects, the original still does some things better, particularly the A and B scenarios."

Visually yes massive improvement, better immersion too, but story and gameplay wise... no.

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
All the cut content and basically on rails with cutscenes happening 2 often, it was a bitter dissapointment

Yeah, as mentioned as a remake it was poor. But as a game I enjoyed it.

Many don't remember the original games since they did not replay them, those who did though know way more of the details missing.

Here is a good video to help you out.

"As great as the remake is, it doesn't render the original obsolete at all. While the remake arguably improves on most aspects, the original still does some things better, particularly the A and B scenarios."

Visually yes massive improvement, better immersion too, but story and gameplay wise... no.

I remember the originals very well as I replay them every few years. I still prefer them to the remakes. The only Resident Evil Remake that was actually better than the original is well, the original (as in first remake).

RE2 at the very least should have made much better use of the different playthroughs and made things you did with Leon have an impact on Claire‘s playthrough or vice versa. They just did not add anything meaningful imo and it was just an graphics update with a few changes to make the experience feel a bit more fresh.

RE3 was much worse as a remake as instead of adding stuff they were super lazy and removed stuff. They should have kept everything in and added more on top, plus made Nemesis pop out randomly to keep you guessing and make each playthrough more unique rather than the on rails crap. I honestly think this kind of stuff is super obvious so they just did not get the time and resources needed to do a proper remake.

Soldato
So, big ol' thread necro to see if anyone else is having issues with this game (I think some recent updates have cause some problems, but not really sure).

I played RE2 Remake a few weeks ago and had a great time with it, so thought I'd try out the remake of RE3 as well, since it's also on GP.

Some issues are hampering my immersion a bit though:
1. It will only run on the lowest graphics presets. If I turn up any settings other than resolution, it crashes with a FatalD3D error in seconds. I couldn't even get to the menu at first until I ran as adminstrator, and then couldn't get into the game until I set everthing to low. I've tried bumping up the odd setting whilst in game, but every time - instant crash.
So the game looks pretty dated and visually underwhelming, which is disappointing.

2. The dialogue is barely audible. It sounds like the characters are talking in another room several metres away. I can't even reliably make out what's being said without reading the substitles. Pretty immersion-breaking when my own character's voice, and that of someone right next to her sound so far off.

3. If I aim my weapon at a zombie more than four or five metres away, the game stutters terribly.

The game seems okay (though less engaging than RE2R), but these issues are grating. Don't know if anyone else has had anything like this and found a fix (have tried searching, and found some people with some similar issues, but not seen any solutions yet)?

Caporegime
You sure it's the game and not some overclock you have somewhere?

Just because a PC works fine on every other game, the game engine might not like one of your settings.

Soldato
You sure it's the game and not some overclock you have somewhere?

Just because a PC works fine on every other game, the game engine might not like one of your settings.
Yeah, I don't have any overclocks - not even a factory OC on my gfx card.

I noticed I'd not updated my gfx driver to the most recent, so tried that too, but it didn't help.

Soldato
Have you disabled Ray Tracing? That can cause issues.

Yeah, the low presets also disable RT. And all the fancy on-screen reflection and shadows processing stuff.

It's showing only 1.9GB VRAM allocation, which goes up to just over 2GB if I up a setting or two, so even if it were the VRAM memory leak issue I've seen some people suggest the game has, I would have thought it would take longer than a couple of seconds to crash (though tbh I am not sure about that or how VRAM memory leaks would manifest).

Back
Top Bottom