** Resident Evil 4 Remake Thread **

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
C4-B27-E79-3888-4-EC3-B9-A1-3-BE08-D9288-B8.png

Resident Evil 4 is an upcoming survival horror game developed and published by Capcom. It is a remake of the 2005 game Resident Evil 4, scheduled for release on PlayStation 5, Windows, and Xbox Series X/S on March 24, 2023, 18 years after its original release.

Players control US agent Leon S. Kennedy on a mission to rescue Ashley Graham, daughter of the President of the United States, from a Spanish village dominated by Los Illuminados, a violent cult worshipping an ancient parasite.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Really hoping we get CV. I loved that one to bits.

Yeah. I wonder if there is some kind of petition out there we can sign. I see why they went with RE4 for now as that will sell a lot more, but surely Code Veronica won’t sell any less than Resident Evil 3 Remake.

Come to think about it, I guess it would cost a lot more to remake Code Veronica as that was quite a big game relatively speaking. And considering how lazy they were with Resident Evil 3 remake where instead of adding they cut things out, it probably does not bode well for us.

Associate
Looking forward to this, RE4 was always one of my favourite games despite the direction it led the series down for a time. It will be interesting to see the re-imagining they have come up with, hopefully it's more RE2 remake effort levels than what they came up for RE3, that fell way short.

Code Veronica would seem to be the most logical step after this one, I won't lie though I hated it when I was younger :D. I was one of those people that missed some of the important items and cocked up the inventory management at those key points that can nearly kill your playthrough.

Soldato
Fingers crossed they won't pull a RE3:R on us again. I'll stay cautiously optimistic for now.

Haven't played Veronica so hope it does get a remake.

Also, agreed on 5&6:p

Permabanned
Looking forward to this, RE4 was always one of my favourite games despite the direction it led the series down for a time. It will be interesting to see the re-imagining they have come up with, hopefully it's more RE2 remake effort levels than what they came up for RE3, that fell way short.

Code Veronica would seem to be the most logical step after this one, I won't lie though I hated it when I was younger :D. I was one of those people that missed some of the important items and cocked up the inventory management at those key points that can nearly kill your playthrough.
It's the same team who made the RE2 remake so hopefully it'll be great.

Man of Honour
It's the same team who made the RE2 remake so hopefully it'll be great.
Not if you enable HDR and RT at the same time, because you will get 30fps then. It's a good remake in general, but HDR is not implemented well in that game at all when used alongside RTX. RE Village was so much better, over 100fps with both RTX and HDR enabled.

Soldato
Would have prefered Code Veronica to this. Its been ages since I played RE4 and I don't even remember if I finished it but from what I do remember it was was the start of the downfall of the series for me.

Reactions: TNA
Permabanned
Not if you enable HDR and RT at the same time, because you will get 30fps then. It's a good remake in general, but HDR is not implemented well in that game at all when used alongside RTX. RE Village was so much better, over 100fps with both RTX and HDR enabled.
Ray tracing is overrated anyway.

Would have prefered Code Veronica to this. Its been ages since I played RE4 and I don't even remember if I finished it but from what I do remember it was was the start of the downfall of the series for me.
Unpopular opinion. RE4 was and is fantastic. The Wii version was incredible. VR version on Oculus is also incredible. I can't wait for this.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP

Yep. Those were relatively crap. I still remember forcing myself to complete RE6. What a terrible game that was.

RE7 was refreshing after those two games, but I have yet to fancy replaying it due to the last third of the game being crap. Also Ethan…

I however never get bored of visit the originals and even the original remakes.

I would love for CAPCOM to make a new engine for PS5 gen consoles and remake RE1 remake. I would certainly get more fun out of that then something new in the franchise. But before that, let’s get Code Veronica please :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Resident Evil Showcase 2022 Full Conference

Resident Evil 4 Remake is 'about the same' length as original. Apparently CAPCOM listened to fans after the **** up Resident Evil 3 remake.

Back
Top Bottom