Resident Evil 7!!!

Soldato
Showing my age here, but are these games like the Alone in the Dark games? Loved those so might pick this up.

It's kind of unknown at the moment. RE1-3 were very different ( loved and preferred by the majority ) 4 was good in a different way and 5-6 were awful. With 7 we currently can't really speculate on what sort of game it's going to be.

I would check back a few days after launch and ask again perhaps.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's kind of unknown at the moment. RE1-3 were very different ( loved and preferred by the majority ) 4 was good in a different way and 5-6 were awful. With 7 we currently can't really speculate on what sort of game it's going to be.

I would check back a few days after launch and ask again perhaps.

My feeling is Resident Evil 7 will be different from all the rest like 4-6 was different from 0-CV. I think it will be much better than 5 and 6, even maybe 4, but not fully satisfy those like me who want something like Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, 3 and Code Veronica.

Soldato
My feeling is Resident Evil 7 will be different from all the rest like 4-6 was different from 0-CV. I think it will be much better than 5 and 6, even maybe 4, but not fully satisfy those like me who want something like Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, 3 and Code Veronica.

I completely agree. I think it will be a hit in the RE4 sense. And i like yourself want something like 1-3 (hell why not finish 1.5???????) But i don't think we will see anything like that for a long time if ever.

I think it's going to be more a hybrid between the RE "universe"/plot line and outlast style.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I completely agree. I think it will be a hit in the RE4 sense. And i like yourself want something like 1-3 (hell why not finish 1.5???????) But i don't think we will see anything like that for a long time if ever.

I think it's going to be more a hybrid between the RE "universe"/plot line and outlast style.

I am pretty sure Resident Evil 2 Remake will sell well as long as they do not change it too much and mess it up. If that happens maybe they will see the value in brining that old formula back. Does not have to be for the main games, they can go remake 3 and Code Veronica and after that do stuff which fits in between Resident Evil 3/Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4.

To me the story went to **** with RE4 and onwards. I lappened up everything before that though :D

Caporegime
The story has always been rubbish, but they had a certain charm.

Having said that, the story's are better than the dirge they seem to make up randomly for the movies though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The story has always been rubbish, but they had a certain charm.

Having said that, the story's are better than the dirge they seem to make up randomly for the movies though.

They definitely had charm and I liked the characters. RE4 onwards killed it for me :(

I only kind of liked the first Resident Evil movie, the rest are really rubbish.

Listened to a podcast last week that claimed the whole game is in the house

If true, thanks for the spoiler mate.

Soldato
1-3 were amazing and I have found memories of them 4 was good but the signs were they the old re was going quick? 5 and 6 were meh but worked as had characters in we knew. I want 7 to be great but I'm holding out for reviews first as any demo can make a game look great as can a trailer. The closest we got to old re was revelations series IMO. 2 is my all time favorite mind

Soldato
Info about what the game seems to be like from what I've seen
I just watched a video by The Know on youtube, they reckon game play is between 12-15 hours. Also from videos I have seen online the house featured in the full game looks much bigger, more like Resi 1 mansion and gameplay seems to be set in surroundings aswell. So kinda like Resi 1 but with murderous hillbillies played in first person.

Soldato
What was with the demo having things set out differently every playthrough? was that just to pad the gameplay out in the demo while only showing a small amount of the house? Or is that a feature of the main game?

Also the fact people are still referring to it as a house makes me think its nowhere near the size of the mansion in RE1, or they would be calling it a mansion... Really hope its not just a large house with a ton of backtracking to pad it out. It is a lot less scary the 50th time you have ran down the same corridor.

Last edited:
Soldato
What was with the demo having things set out differently every playthrough? was that just to pad the gameplay out in the demo while only showing a small amount of the house? Or is that a feature of the main game?

Played the demo a few times and I'm pretty sure all items were in the same locations each time....:confused:

Soldato
Played the demo a few times and I'm pretty sure all items were in the same locations each time....:confused:

Each time I played through it was different and I got a different ending. First time I think there was a key in the room behind the fire place, then next playthrough its a fuse?

I think it might be altered depending on what order you do things, but even still I'd prefer everything to be the same each time.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
20 hours until unlock according to steam :)

By the way, stay away from steam forum/discussions. Kids/strange people try to on purpose spoil the game. They go out of their way to do it.

Back
Top Bottom