** Resident Evil Village Thread **

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Mine was a joke too, should have used more emojis haha

Yea 3080 TI within the month i think, its not gonna out perform the 3090 so how much better is it gonna be over the 3080 not a lot and i bet its probably double the price with 12gb Vram
Yeah. Zero interest from me. If anything I may even look to downgrade to a 3060 Ti and sell my 3080 as I have not been gaming much of late and a 3060 Ti would play pretty all my steam library maxed out apart from a handful.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Completed it under 3 hours on Village of the Shadows difficulty

Piece of **** if you start from an already completed save - I had a magnum from the outset with infinite ammo.

Wouldn't fancy doing that with default weapons but I know people do mad speed runs.
Was thinking looking at the achievements when I completed it how does one ever complete this game that quick. Had forgot about unlimited ammo powerful guns you can using during those runs.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I'm hoping for a Code Veronica remake in the vein of Resident Evil 2.

That said after RE3R I'm a little wary.

+1

It's gotta be dino crisis remake next surely

That would be cool also. Enjoyed those.

Parasite Eve would be awesome for that sort of treatment tbh.
That is another one I really enjoyed. It was scarier than resident evil games for me as I recall.

But first I want a Code Veronica Remake :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Yeah I really can’t wait - should be good. I did actually binge the new Netflix series yesterday (post-work collapse) and it was as dreadful/wonderful as you would imagine :D :o
We started watching it and my partner was like why are we watching this after 5 minutes as **** all interesting happened, so we stopped and I said I will watch I it on my own. She like resident evil originals like me. She used to watch me play them back in the day and sometimes play also, but get scared and pass me the controller. Haha.

Without spoilers, is it worth watching? What time period is it set in? As in after which game?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Is it worth watching…. Umm, no, not really! It’s in the Resi Evil 6 era of Leon being a secret agent and therefore delves into ‘classified / conspiracy’ BS. The plot is absolute nonsense / forgettable and I was on my phone a fair bit in the last episode.

I did enjoy some of the more ridiculous cheesy Leon moments but I couldn’t ‘recommend’ it :o

By being on my phone, I mean browsing for a replica Leon jacket :D
I was disappointed when I saw the era of Leon they used. I said this looks like some of the movies. As you say RE6 era. What a load of crap then I guess. Shame as I think if they did one doing the original resident evil where they blend it between what is happening between RE1 and 3 would go down well. I certainly would love to watch it anyways.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Been playing this a second time and I have to say if you ever get to play it in HDR then do so as it makes a very big difference to IQ. By the way when I say HDR I mean proper HDR like on OLED, not those fake IPS 400/600 ones that have a few dozen back lights.

My favourite area in the game is the castle with the vampire ladies. The main hall with the chandelier looks awesome in HDR :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Might have some time to whir it up this evening, at last!

Most important settings graphics wise? I saw there are some “FX1 + 2” settings that dramatically improve performance… but do they kill the visuals?

Basically, if there is any setting that is deffo worth turning on for performance increases at 4k, let me know.

Hoping to hit 90fps solid with the 3090 which I’m pretty sure is doable.

Cheers!

Turn off hairworks or whatever it is called and maybe RT as that is only for water apparently? Rest maximum.

Oh and if you have an Nvidia card do yourself a favour and watch YouTube video that shows you have to get DLSS working. It is very easy and boy is it much better than the crap they shipped as FSR.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Thanks team for the graphics tips - started my game on hardcore... definitely did not make it through the village scene on my first go :D

Just been messing around through the windmill area and calling it a night for now.

I LOVE the snack hunting... get those snacks and treats! Find them!

I can tell I'm going to be in heaven with this one :)

I think you are posting in the wrong thread bud. This is the Village thread :p

Back
Top Bottom