Resident Evil Village

Soldato
You mean the big guy with the hammer?

Nah you just have to hold out on that attack then a cutscene with play and then you progress. I found that if you get the timing down to block and then stab you can get through the whole section till the first big ;) boss by being a bit stabby and saving ammo.

No i mean the first lycan you meet before they are all watching you. :cry::cry:

I struggle with these games as it flares up my anxiety so i just turn them off but considering my house is full of covid this week im going to try and play through it.

I haz 4090!
Don

I struggle with these games as it flares up my anxiety so i just turn them off but considering my house is full of covid this week im going to try and play through it.

It’s a horror game dude, it’s meant to flare up anxiety :p

Soldato

I am certain you can beat him. Block Block Stab rinse and repeat. Then you will go into the next house and then all hell will break lose, you come out and they will be watching and start attacking then the big guy with the hammer will come. Run about for a while and then you will get hit by an arrow and he will jump from the top of a building and then the dinner bell will ring and they will go.

Might have to play it through again at the weekend.. After i kill the final boss in Halo infinite. :D

Associate
Just finished this, didn't grab me at first like RE7 did but once I got into it I loved it. Had goosebumps in a few places and some great set pieces. DLC is out the end of the month so will pick that up in a sale.

Associate
Yeah same. Re7 nailed its opening.
Agreed, played the RE7 demo and it had me hooked and s******* my pants :D

RE8 with the village and Lycans didn't grip me the same, but being chased by a 7ft vampire did :eek: :)

A great game, looked good to my eye's on the PS5. I've read that this game will be compatible with PSVR2 when released so will hold on to the disc for that.

Soldato
Not sure if i can bring myself to pay for the DLC that i would only really be interested in the rose part. I have completed it a lot of times so 3rd person isnt really of much interest to me, not really a big fan of mercenaries so the story dlc would have to have a decent length for it to be worth anywhere near the asking price (Which is likely to be in the reigon of £25).

Soldato
Not sure if i can bring myself to pay for the DLC that i would only really be interested in the rose part. I have completed it a lot of times so 3rd person isnt really of much interest to me, not really a big fan of mercenaries so the story dlc would have to have a decent length for it to be worth anywhere near the asking price (Which is likely to be in the reigon of £25).
The Winters DLC is £15.99. I’m happy with that I think.

I’ve only played the game once at launch so I am happy to give it another play through then do the Rose part. Hope it’s meaty enough.

Last edited:
Soldato
If anyone hasnt purchased the upgrade to Gold edition that includes Winters Expansion, Shadow of Rose, Mercenaries Additional Orders and Third Person mode is currently about £5.57 from Kinguin. I have just purchased, added to my PSN Account and it worked fine. I used the code BIG10 but apparently AKS10 works as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
If anyone hasnt purchased the upgrade to Gold edition that includes Winters Expansion, Shadow of Rose, Mercenaries Additional Orders and Third Person mode is currently about £5.57 from Kinguin. I have just purchased, added to my PSN Account and it worked fine. I used the code BIG10 but apparently AKS10 works as well.

Thanks foe the heads-up. Dropped the base game on PC like 3/4 in and I'd like to try again on the PS5 at some point so this is a nice opportunity at this price for the upgrade.

Now I just need to grab the base game cheap:D

Back
Top Bottom