Resident Evil Village

Soldato
Put in another mammoth session, every time I think I'm right near the end it just keeps on going. A long session for me is 2 hrs+ and I've had at least 4-5 sessions now. The pipe bombs and mines came in very useful in the factory, rarely used them before reaching here.

I've been saving all valuables that show as attachable and I've been able to find both parts and only then sell it to the merchant. Just bumped into Chris again and saved it. One more session should do it I think. It did live up to the hype, brilliant addition to the RE series.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
On my second run through, not got infinite ammo yet though, I read that you have to have upgraded the weapon fully in order to purchase it... next run then :)

Soldato
Finally done!! Beat the final boss on the second attempt as I didn't have much ammo/heals left by the time I reached her, had zero magnum bullets but all in all it wasn't too difficult. The usual run, turn, fire and then repeat x100 worked.

Really good game, will start my second run tonight.

I haz 4090!
Don
I've been distracted by Mass Effect but I want to get back to this this weekend. Just on my second playthrough and trying to get enough credits to fully upgrade the Wolfsbane and get that sweet sweet infinite ammo!

Soldato
Okay got the USM-AI (fairly basic semi automatic gun) with unlimited ammo immediately, its available to buy in the extras section and the unlimited ammo version is also available in the same section. It's a start.

Soldato
Same with Chris's Machine gun(Dragoon), both of them don't have any upgrades or attachments so you can buy them and get the infinite ammo straight away if you have enough challenge points. The machine gun is a beast but only has 30 rounds so you are forever reloading but its great fun the USM-AI is very accurate and i am pretty sure also has a huge increase in critical hit as when i used it i was popping heads right left and centre.

I found that the best way was once you have played through on standard play through on casual so you can gather all of the loot and treasures. Make sure you pick up all the semi bosses enemies(I think there are 3 that are off the beaten track (Benviento Graveyard, Sawmill and then the one on the field of crops next to the church that appears at towards the end of the game) and get all of them cashed in. If you already have an infinite ammo weapon its probably worth just using that and dont upgrade the Wolfsbane any more but blast through a couple of times on casual and gather a massive amount of credits and buy and fully upgrade the STAKE and get the infinite ammo for your hardcore/village of shadows playthrough.

Also make sure you have all of the recipes done as they help a lot.

Soldato
I'm halfway through my second run on standard again. I sold the wolfbane and bought the s.t.a.k.e. and have purchased both the upgrades for it. Now its just a case of upgrading it fully to unlock the infinite ammo version of it right?

I've been using the USM mainly, sold the handgun. Still have the GM 79 grenade launcher, the F2 rifle and the SYG shotgun.

Edit: All recipes now done too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished it again. I'm a lot more familiar with the different areas now, managed to find two or more treasures that I'd miss the first time round. All recipes are now done. Just need to unlock the infinite ammo s.t.a.k.e and then run through the game on both the harder settings in as quick a time as possible.

Soldato
Stuck on Chris section on Village of Shadows difficulty. Obviously no STAKE for Chris so it’s a lot tougher. Your infinite ammo works but still doesn’t help as the Enemies kill in a couple of hits and doesn’t seem as many med syringes. So I have done and selling on.

Soldato
Stuck on Chris section on Village of Shadows difficulty. Obviously no STAKE for Chris so it’s a lot tougher. Your infinite ammo works but still doesn’t help as the Enemies kill in a couple of hits and doesn’t seem as many med syringes. So I have done and selling on.

I've finally managed to unlock the infinite STAKE, halfway through my third run (on casual). Had to sell every gun aside from the infinite USM which is more than capable on casual anyway. Bit of a grind to unlock it but I think I'm now also done with the game. When it drops to under £20 in a few months I'll download it to keep, and run through it again on the two harder settings. Hopefully I'll still have all my unlocks.

Soldato
Finished it. Brilliant and bonkers. We loved it. 11 hours or so. Beautiful on the PS5. I'm not much for replaying stuff right away so i'll sell it on and buy it cheap digitally one day. One of my favourite Resi games they nailed it.

Back
Top Bottom