Resident Evil - Welcome to Raccoon City

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I can see what they're going for and trying to be faithful to the game but the effects are frankly laughable.
Yeah. That's the only thing that will be good about it I think. The effects and the rest are probably going to be ****. Still going to watch it at the cinema though. Hardly anything ever at the cinema ever worth going to watch so will give this a go followed by the matrix in December.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This is straight to Netflix isn't it?

Edit: Oh apparently not, there is a series in development for Netflix I got confused with that.
Yeah, that’s a different one. That is a tv show I believe. Looking forward to that as I never bothered with the last one that hit Netflix. It looked rubbish and reviews suggested as much. Why do they keep getting it wrong I don’t know :(

Associate
don't mean to burst your bubble, but i believe that neflix show was an animated one that was released quite recently, infinite darkness, which was not received that well, is there plans for another coming out ? i havent heard. This film however does not look like its going to be that special, but can't be worse than the last few, i only really enjoyed the first 2 fill ums

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
don't mean to burst your bubble, but i believe that neflix show was an animated one that was released quite recently, infinite darkness, which was not received that well, is there plans for another coming out ? i havent heard. This film however does not look like its going to be that special, but can't be worse than the last few, i only really enjoyed the first 2 fill ums
There is another coming out mate.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/ne...1-on-netflix-everything-we-know-so-far-10-21/

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
ah ok, had no idea, hopefully it turns out decent
Yep. That is what I am hoping. In the mean time will just watch the movie coming out in a few weeks. I think I will still enjoy it more than the other resident evil movies. Only one I kind of liked was the first one, the rest lost the plot imo.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am not sure if this is just **** generally or is it the type that does a lot of fan service and therefore as someone who played the original game back in the day and all the others since like it?

I am thinking of going to watch with a mate next week. Cinema is only a fiver these days anyway and apart from matrix I do not think there is much else out there I am interested in.

Associate
For fans of the games, it's great. The attention to detail on the source material is superb, and I thought it really nailed the atmosphere and the aesthetic of the games.

For everyone else, it'll be slow paced and generic. It favours the build up over action, missing out huge action-orientated chunks of the games, and ends up being a wasted opportunity.

I enjoyed it, but I've played the games. Everyone I went with was disappointed.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Watched it last night and wasn't expecting much. Enjoyed it. It was pretty good and really captured the mood, danger and horror from the game.

Back
Top Bottom