Retro console and games thread

Soldato
great....need to go hunt that down now then lol......if it is better than the UK version it must be epic!

Or you could pick up DOA2: Hard*Core for the PS2, if you have one. Which is the same as DOA2 LE with more enhancements. I own all home console versions of DOA2 but I still prefer DO2: LE on the Dreamcast.

Associate
My mother asked me to sort some of my old stuff out as she was having work done and i came across this!

20130301_154355.jpg

Had Mario 3 in the cart slot and is still in pretty good condition. Just need to find the AC adapter and pads now and i'm set from some retro goodness :)

Associate
great....need to go hunt that down now then lol......if it is better than the UK version it must be epic!

it has more characters, levels, costumes and a bonus gallery I think. Its pretty close to DoA2 Hardcore that came out on PS2. I'm going to try and get a copy of DoA 1 next as I never had that during my ps1 days :)

Caporegime
I got myself a PS2 today with 16 games, eyetoy and 2 controllers for £31.

I completely ignored the PS2 when it was current so can anyone suggest any PlayStation exclusives I should play?

Associate
Picked up:

Mint CIB - Jet Force Gemini - £1.80
Die Hard Trilogy - £1
Mint CIB - Tennis (Gameboy) - £4

Pretty successful day! Thanks for turning me onto Game Trader phatboy :)

Soldato
I got myself a PS2 today with 16 games, eyetoy and 2 controllers for £31.

I completely ignored the PS2 when it was current so can anyone suggest any PlayStation exclusives I should play?

if you can find a cheap enough copy Gradius V was AMAZING!. PS exclusive wise god of war games, shadow of the collosuss and ICO are meant to be amazing and the Tekken games were pretty awesome along with Gran Turismo 4

I am personally a big fan of Ridge Racer V and NFS hot pursuit 2, it was by far the best version and made the Cube, PC and Xbox versions look shambolic!

Soldato
Picked up:

Mint CIB - Jet Force Gemini - £1.80
Die Hard Trilogy - £1
Mint CIB - Tennis (Gameboy) - £4

Pretty successful day! Thanks for turning me onto Game Trader phatboy :)

glad to be of help,

as said above the "offers" people who then want 55+ quid for a copy of wind waker or worse for other games do make me laugh.....there are some them that blatently make a living scoping out charity shops and boot sales and selling them on via Game Trader

On the other side of it though the good people are there as Sylv has shown :)

Soldato
i want a Dreamcast with sega bass fishing and the rod!!

what makes me sick is when the dreamcast was nearly dead,i went into a games shop in Newcastle and they had loads of games for like £1 , £2 each and loads sealed games and they had like house of dead with the guns for pennies and loads of other accessories for next to nothing and i am sure i came out with a xbox game or some other rubbish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom