Retro console and games thread

Soldato
Althought some of them are not really retro, I'm trying to increase my Resident Evil collection, so have won, Outbreak on PS2, Resident Evil 4 steelbook, Resident Evil 4 for Wii, and Resident Evil 6 Steelbook for 360. Doing the same for Zelda as well, got Twilight Princess for the Wii and Links Awakening DX for the GBC.

Associate
Almost every night I look at n64s. I'll get one one day.... Soon haha. Think I've said before, but my only retro thing I've got is a near mint limited edition GTA game for the ps1. Love looking at everyone's new purchases.

Soldato
Almost every night I look at n64s. I'll get one one day.... Soon haha. Think I've said before, but my only retro thing I've got is a near mint limited edition GTA game for the ps1. Love looking at everyone's new purchases.

Do it, buy an N64 :D. They are pretty cheap, even on ebay, so are most of the games. Just make sure to get a NTSC one to avoid the dodgy PAL conversions.

Associate
Ohhhh, an American one? Will I need to buy anything extra to make them play on my TV?ț

EDIT: Just to make sure. Is it an American one or would a Jap ntsc one do?

Last edited:
Caporegime
okay modding a old xbox pad original

anyone good on usb colours?

on the xbox pad the colours are different to the usb connector i have :p anyone konw what is what or where to find a good diagram

currently on xbox pad i have

red
black
green
white

usb connector

orange
blue
green
white

think this is right hope it helps anyone else.

Last edited:
Associate
The xbox pad colours are the right ones and match the USB spec (red = 5v etc)

Good job on the MD ShiWarrior. That reminds me, I might have to sell some of my carts as I have too many I just don't play. Plus Virtua Racing doesn't work with the 32x plugged in, although I have it for 32x so it isn't a problem.

Associate
Odd! Sounds like your TV as I did the 60Hz mod on mine and it works fine. You'll get no colour on the RF output but as you mentioned you're using an RGB lead so that shouldn't be a problem.

Soldato
Ohhhh, an American one? Will I need to buy anything extra to make them play on my TV?ț

EDIT: Just to make sure. Is it an American one or would a Jap ntsc one do?

Japanese one will do, if you are willing to remove plastic tabs. Both NTSC machines are the same, the cartridge slot just has plastic tabs in different spots that block the other regions cartridge from fitting. Remove tabs and you can play both Japanese and American games :).

Nothing special to make them work here. UK power supply for them ( a lot on ebay seem to come with it) and a TV that supports NTSC.

Associate
This just turned up in the post :D

f0b483b4a75a11e2900e22000a1f96c7_7.jpg

Associate
Japanese one will do, if you are willing to remove plastic tabs. Both NTSC machines are the same, the cartridge slot just has plastic tabs in different spots that block the other regions cartridge from fitting. Remove tabs and you can play both Japanese and American games :).

Nothing special to make them work here. UK power supply for them ( a lot on ebay seem to come with it) and a TV that supports NTSC.

Man, looking at around £100 for an ntsc one haha. Don't think I want one that much. Come to think of it. I don't even think my tv can play ntsc. Don't exactly have room for one anyway, will still keep an eye out though :cool:

Soldato
Man, looking at around £100 for an ntsc one haha. Don't think I want one that much. Come to think of it. I don't even think my tv can play ntsc. Don't exactly have room for one anyway, will still keep an eye out though :cool:

:eek:

That's gotta be new? Either that or they have gone up in price recently. Mine was only £28 back in November and that was with two controllers, mem pack, 4mb expansion & uk psu.

Caporegime
you paying inflated prices a lot go for a lot less than that.

best places to look are second hand shops, charity shops do have a lot of retro gear in , boot sales flea markets and so on.

ebay is great if you dont bid silly just for the sake of wanting a item.

what you must remember is the consoles sold multiple millions every house had mega drives sneses and such so they are everywhere dont be fooled into silly prices.

on ebay also look for local pick ups as postage can be as much as the actual consoles for eg.

n64s are pretty cheap for a player and are as little as a tenner.

10 quid 1 hr left

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N64-/3211...onsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item4ac35c0d55

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-...onsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item19db499936

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-...onsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item257cb71838

just a few but i wouldn't pay more than 10-15 for player and 20-40 for a mint boxed one.

Soldato
Maybe gone up? Most pal ones are around £40. Even then, that's just for console and a controller. I this is the bay's prices. Anywhere else to look?

Got mine from ebay, I guess either they have gone up recently, like snes stuff or I got lucky (mine was auction, not buy it now).

Don't know where else you would look for an ntsc one. Pal ones, same places as normal, charity shops, boot sales etc.

Soldato
royal mails pricing is a total joke,bought a ps2 slim from ebay £21 and £7 postage its came today and the seller has had to pay £14.50 to post.

also why would somebody cover the bottom of a ps2 slim in velcro strips?

Last edited:
Soldato
just get one from states then what i use to do dirt cheap and even more common.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-...onsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item35c6852480

there is still plenty on ebay just email people before they start going a few days. approach people right and you can buy most console stuff reasonable.

That's an amazing price! Tempted to get one my self (though converting my 64 collection to nstc is going to be a pig to do!)

Would be tempted to try and get a hold of one of the limited edition ones, seen a few of the see through ones going for nice money but couldn't find one today.

This is a bit of a bargain to watch too!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NINTENDO-...onsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item43bb09cb57

Back
Top Bottom