Retro console and games thread

Man of Honour
Associate
Picked a GameCube and games up from the MM.

All the games are in excellent condition and complete with manuals.

Also purchased an RGB SCART cable from http://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/

The image quality compared to what I remember when I originally had a GC is superb.

Would I get an even better image using a Wii to play GC games?

They're supposed to look pretty good on Wii via a component cable, dunno if you would see much difference with a RGB scart though. Some nice choice titles in that stack too:)

Associate
Haha, nice find, I never thought about old magazine scans so just went on a search of my own and couldn't believe I found this one.

SegaForce-Magazine-Issue16-110.jpg

My picture is unfortunately the one which was in the centre of the double page so is cut off slightly, of Tails in Michael Jacksons suit from Moonwalker..... 10 years old in 1992.

Wish I still had my Megadrive now :)

Associate
Just to let people know there is a computer game exhibition on at the museum of science and industry in Manchester at the moment featuring games from the last 30 years up to modern stuff.

Man of Honour
Is 'The Warriors' any good? I've had a lot of friends tell me to play it but i've not seen the movie. I know it's a R* game so it can't be half bad, right?

Haven't tried it yet.

Been too busy playing Mario Sunshine

I've read it's a decent game, comes up as a hidden gem on some lists. But for 10p I don't think I can go wrong.

Underboss
talking about old games, ive been re playing Eye of the Beholder again (in the hope to complete it this time) 25 years on ive done it!!
PC version

every time I played it, I ran out of keys!! lol so had a little guidance this time to make sure I did it ! lol

Man of Honour
Finished the first Jak and Daxter last week, all 101 power cells.

Can't see me getting 120 Shines in Mario though, I'm up to 27 so far and there have been some hair tearing sections already. Probably a lack of skill is more to blame, but it does get a bit fiddly as well sometimes.

Associate
My small but quality collection of NTSC snes games, after a few more favourites but don't plan of getting too many more. I just picked up Mario kart last week and having a blast on it :)

image.jpg

Soldato
My small but quality collection of NTSC snes games, after a few more favourites but don't plan of getting too many more. I just picked up Mario kart last week and having a blast on it :)

image.jpg

Great collection of games there!

How you are playing them? Converter, modded console or an actual NTSC console?

Back
Top Bottom