Retro console and games thread

Man of Honour
im confused
will this cable work for the PAL PSX (old style) ?
https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk...-playstation-1-2-ps1-ps2-rgb-scart-cable-lead

will that same cable fit the PS2 and play PSX1 games ?

Yes it will. I have two of them, one for PS1 and 2, both fat PAL versions. I bought the ones with the light gun port.

Saves on space at the rear and plenty of light guns don't come with the AV adapter included.

That cable will work on a PS3 as well, but the PS3 won't output 240p from the AV port (480i is the lowest I think) so PS1 games still don't look as good as they do on original hardware on a CRT TV.

Soldato
Yeah I'm hoping so.. not exactly cheap the crash games.. but I had to have it. Just Crash Team Racing now and that's PS1 complete for crash.

I've got a dual shock PS1 pad, but wanted the original i had as a kid.

Underboss
Yes it will. I have two of them, one for PS1 and 2, both fat PAL versions. I bought the ones with the light gun port.

Saves on space at the rear and plenty of light guns don't come with the AV adapter included.

That cable will work on a PS3 as well, but the PS3 won't output 240p from the AV port (480i is the lowest I think) so PS1 games still don't look as good as they do on original hardware on a CRT TV.

ta

Got a component lead for the PS2, but i cant play PSX games through it :(

Soldato
Had a trip to CEX on Saturday and came away with Star Wards Battle for Naboo for a tenner on the n64 :cool:

May have then ended up tipsy on eBay and won a Japanese copy of Harvest Moon 64 for $3... That's going to be hours of farming fun!

Underboss
what do you people do about keeping your consoles clean ?
all my consoles are set up and connected to the TV, i have a good clean PSX coming this week, and i see there is a guy on the bay selling dust covers, so i might get one, that way i can keep it covered when not in use, uncover it when i want to use it

Back
Top Bottom