Retro console and games thread

Man of Honour
After listing some items on eBay over the weekend. I did a search for similar items to make sure my listings appeared properly.

That's when I noticed a seller using my pictures on multiple listings.

I'll post a link to one of the items and you can then check all the items they have for sale. I think I can safely say that it's unlikely that they have multiple copies of each of these games and if you are watching or bidding on them, then it's unlikely you'll get the item.in question.

The listings they've copied of mine are for all 6 Final Fantasy games on PS1, Chiki Chiki Boys on Mega Drive and Ecco, Star Wars and Night Trap on Mega CD.

So beware guys.

I have reported it to eBay as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152486573860

Underboss
Underboss
After listing some items on eBay over the weekend. I did a search for similar items to make sure my listings appeared properly.

That's when I noticed a seller using my pictures on multiple listings.

I'll post a link to one of the items and you can then check all the items they have for sale. I think I can safely say that it's unlikely that they have multiple copies of each of these games and if you are watching or bidding on them, then it's unlikely you'll get the item.in question.

The listings they've copied of mine are for all 6 Final Fantasy games on PS1, Chiki Chiki Boys on Mega Drive and Ecco, Star Wars and Night Trap on Mega CD.

So beware guys.

I have reported it to eBay as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152486573860

is he just using your pictures ?

ive done that on some comics (saves me taking a photo) but the products are identical and i was selling them

EDIT//

so its your photos of YOUR games,
when you search for it, there are a few with the same photo, and same seller (and one from you)

hes got 100% feedback, seems a little odd

Man of Honour
Clean cartridge contacts with Brasso. You'll be amazed how much residue it removes. You can also open up the console and remove the 72pin connector from the main board and clean the mother board contacts too.

Man of Honour
is he just using your pictures ?

ive done that on some comics (saves me taking a photo) but the products are identical and i was selling them

Yes and my listing titles. Which is against eBay rules. It wouldn't be so bad but he's listing so many of each game that I find it hard to believe he has that many copies of each game.

Man of Honour
want to to bid high and pay, and see if i get it ? ;)

EDIT/

hes got loads of multiple listings , for different items

I reckon he's using 12 of my listings and has 5-6 of each.

I find it hard to believe that anyone has 5 copies of Final Fantasy Origins, compete with art cards, in like new condition and they are stupid enough to list them all at once for auction. That's one way to guarantee your items sell for the least amount.

Multiply that by 12 and that's insanity.

To put it into perspective. My copy of Chiki Chiki boys sold for just £17, when the previous two in similar condition went for £39 and £49, respectively. That's because my potential bidders dropped out early because they think there's another 6 to bid on after mine.

Associate

the seller i bought the nes from told me a snes psu wont work, and he tested the nes, before shipping, but it doesent work (flashing red light) tried blowing contacts etc but to no avail

ill return it then :)

One small snippet of knowledge here, the NES should work fine on a SNES PSU however not necessarily the other way round.

The UK SNES uses a 9V AC adaptor and will work fine with a DC PSU, however there are DC only console versions (JAP/US I think) that can die quite nastily if you connect an AC PSU to it. :)
(to do with the lack of a bridge rectifier to handle the AC current)

Soldato
Doing my weekly 'bay check for rare ps1,ps2 and commodore 64 games. Anything in particular known to be rare?

I know of Kula World, and Megaman series. but £50.. nope.

Soldato
It's not sealed as it's just the black labeled promo disc in a cd case.

Don't have anything to play it on. Got some other ps1 promo games somewhere from when I worked for electronics boutique in the late 90s.

Soldato
One small snippet of knowledge here, the NES should work fine on a SNES PSU however not necessarily the other way round.

The UK SNES uses a 9V AC adaptor and will work fine with a DC PSU, however there are DC only console versions (JAP/US I think) that can die quite nastily if you connect an AC PSU to it. :)
(to do with the lack of a bridge rectifier to handle the AC current)

Yes from what I remember the UK consoles can use either as they have a bridge rectifier. But the JPN/USA versions must have DC input, or at least the SNES, not sure about the US NES.
MY US SNES came with a DC 9V Adaptor (Lucky it has a different size plug to the UK consoles so no one could plug then in the wrong machines. :D

Most 3rd party PSU sold for the NES seem to be DC now rather then the original AC. :)

Back
Top Bottom